Ben Foster (“3:10 to Yuma”) is set as Tour de France champ Lance Armstrong in a new Working Title-produced biopic from director Stephen Frears, says Deadline.
Chris O’Dowd, Guillaume Canet and Jesse Plemons are also onboard. O’Dowd plays journo David Walsh.
An October 18 start date is set on the film, which charts Armstrong’s rise as a sportsman, his battle with cancer, and his downfall – exposed by Walsh.
A competing Armstrong film, “Red Blooded American” starring Bradley Cooper and directed by Jay Roach, is also in the works.
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014