Ben Foster (“3:10 to Yuma”) is set as Tour de France champ Lance Armstrong in a new Working Title-produced biopic from director Stephen Frears, says Deadline.
Chris O’Dowd, Guillaume Canet and Jesse Plemons are also onboard. O’Dowd plays journo David Walsh.
An October 18 start date is set on the film, which charts Armstrong’s rise as a sportsman, his battle with cancer, and his downfall – exposed by Walsh.
A competing Armstrong film, “Red Blooded American” starring Bradley Cooper and directed by Jay Roach, is also in the works.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015