Ben Foster (“3:10 to Yuma”) is set as Tour de France champ Lance Armstrong in a new Working Title-produced biopic from director Stephen Frears, says Deadline.
Chris O’Dowd, Guillaume Canet and Jesse Plemons are also onboard. O’Dowd plays journo David Walsh.
An October 18 start date is set on the film, which charts Armstrong’s rise as a sportsman, his battle with cancer, and his downfall – exposed by Walsh.
A competing Armstrong film, “Red Blooded American” starring Bradley Cooper and directed by Jay Roach, is also in the works.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015