I picture Clint doing a cartwheel when he reads this one.
The Muppets are teaming with music’s queen of Cool Lady Gaga for a new thanksgiving special to air on ABC in a few weeks.
Hopefully Kermit and Gaga don’t get themselves caught up in some bad romance…
On Thanksgiving night, November 28 (9:30-11:00 p.m., ET), the ABC Television Network will air the 90-minute special, “Lady Gaga & The Muppets’ Holiday Spectacular.” The broadcast offers an avant-garde twist on the classic holiday variety show as Lady Gaga goes backstage with The Muppets, making a performance dream come true for the multi-platinum singer songwriter when they combine forces to sing holiday favorites and Lady Gaga hits.
“I was so excited when ABC called me about doing a holiday special this year,” said Lady Gaga. “I knew it just wouldn’t be a complete night of laughter and memories without The Muppets! Can’t wait to see the gang again and I hope Miss Piggy’s still not mad about Kermit. We’re just friends!”
“What an incredible opportunity!” said Kermit the Frog. “We have a long history with Ms. Gaga, so we jumped at the chance to do a holiday special with her. We won’t even mind if she mistakes some of the Muppets for pieces of her wardrobe – again.”
The special features Lady Gaga performing songs from her new album, ARTPOP, available Monday, November 11 on Streamline/Interscope Records. Performance highlights include a duet between Lady Gaga and Kermit the Frog, a dazzling rendition of Gaga’s hit “Applause” with special Muppet guests, and performance duets with Sir Elton John, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and RuPaul. Kristen Bell appears in a special sketch alongside the Muppets and Lady Gaga. In addition, Swedish Chef, Beaker and Animal will perform special Muppet renditions of the holiday classics “Deck the Halls” and “Jingle Bells.”
The program will also feature a sneak peek from the upcoming Disney movie “Muppets Most Wanted,” which features Lady Gaga herself in a spectacular cameo performance. Disney’s “Muppets Most Wanted” hits theaters March 21, 2014.
This is Lady Gaga’s second primetime Thanksgiving night special for ABC. “Lady Gaga & The Muppets’ Holiday Spectacular” is produced by Sunset Lane Entertainment, in association with ABC’s Lincoln Square Productions, with Salli Frattini as executive producer and directed by Gregg Gelfand.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014