Chris Weitz (“The Twilight Saga : New Moon”) is one of the creative brass aboard a television adaptation of Rachel Cohn’s Young Adult book series “Beta”.
Written by Lindsay Devlin, “the project is set in the near future when clones have become the enslaved work force for the wealthy. But when a new Beta model is introduced and discovers the dark truth about her own origins, she also begins to uncover secrets and lies within the utopian island community she’s serving”, says Deadline.
Marrty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey of ABC Studios-based Temple Hill, along with Larry Gilbert, will executive produce with Weitz, Andrew Miano and Paul Weitz.
“We had a great time working with Temple Hill on New Moon and are thrilled to be back in business with Wyck, Marty and Larry,” Chris Weitz said.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015