Chris Weitz (“The Twilight Saga : New Moon”) is one of the creative brass aboard a television adaptation of Rachel Cohn’s Young Adult book series “Beta”.
Written by Lindsay Devlin, “the project is set in the near future when clones have become the enslaved work force for the wealthy. But when a new Beta model is introduced and discovers the dark truth about her own origins, she also begins to uncover secrets and lies within the utopian island community she’s serving”, says Deadline.
Marrty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey of ABC Studios-based Temple Hill, along with Larry Gilbert, will executive produce with Weitz, Andrew Miano and Paul Weitz.
“We had a great time working with Temple Hill on New Moon and are thrilled to be back in business with Wyck, Marty and Larry,” Chris Weitz said.
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014