Kevin Tancharoen, the choreographer turned filmmaker who kicked ass with those “Mortal Kombat” webseries (the second season of which recently hit the net), has decided he’s not waiting around for the feature film version of the console classic to get off the ground.
Taking a page out of, well, every other director who has been attached to a new “Mortal Kombat” movie over the years, Tancharoen’s decided to pack his bags and work on something that’s got a better chance of coming to fruition.
Assumingly, someone else will replace him on the project.
A new “Mortal Kombat” movie – the third, counting the two live-action things New Line did – has been in the works for a better part of a decade, with everyone from Mink and attached at different times.
Though Tancharoen’s “Mortal Kombat Legacy” webseries featured the likes of Casper Van Dien and Mark Dacascos, none of the actors were believed to be attached to the on-again off-again on-again off-again feature film take.
Tancharoen announced his departure from the project on Twitter.
- Limitless potential for new CBS pilot - January 29, 2015
- Another Zoolander star returning for sequel - January 29, 2015
- Stephanie scares up more cast! - January 29, 2015
- Kevin Spacey marks his territory with Nine Lives lead - January 29, 2015
- Pitt to go to Africa for Jolie - January 29, 2015
- Battlestar Galactica fave heads to Fargo - January 29, 2015
- Rudolph, Smith doing their bit for Brothers in Arms - January 29, 2015
- Inbetweeners actor joins Now You See Me 2 - January 29, 2015
- Four more join Wet Hot American Summer series - January 29, 2015
- Aykroyd responds to Ghostbusters casting - January 29, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.