With musical legend Lou Reed passing away this morning, we felt it only right to pay respect to one of the greatest entertainers of our times. Reed, 71, wasn’t just commended for his contributions to the world of music, but also to film. Whether it be appearing in films, writing music for films, or lending his classics to contemporary features, Reed was a regular cinema fixture.
Here are just 5 of Lou Reed’s contributions to film :
1. Soul Man
For the release of the C.Thomas Howell comedy, Reed, accompanied by Sam Moore, lent his vocals to a new recording of – of course – Soul Man for the film’s soundtrack.
2. Blue in the Face
Reed played ‘Man wit Strange Glasses’ in the ensemble comedy, headlined by Harvey Keitel. Reed’s ‘Egg Cream’ also featured in the picture.
3. Prozac Nation
A couple of Reed’s songs, including “Perfect Day” (below), featured in the Christina Ricci movie about mental illness.
“I’m sticking with You”, which Reed wrote, featured on the amazing soundtrack for the Ellen Page movie.
Reed’s music – specifically ‘Satellite of Love’ – featured in the film; Reed was also referenced numerous times throughout the movie.
Sad, sad day. RIP Lou Reed.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014