With musical legend Lou Reed passing away this morning, we felt it only right to pay respect to one of the greatest entertainers of our times. Reed, 71, wasn’t just commended for his contributions to the world of music, but also to film. Whether it be appearing in films, writing music for films, or lending his classics to contemporary features, Reed was a regular cinema fixture.
Here are just 5 of Lou Reed’s contributions to film :
1. Soul Man
For the release of the C.Thomas Howell comedy, Reed, accompanied by Sam Moore, lent his vocals to a new recording of – of course – Soul Man for the film’s soundtrack.
2. Blue in the Face
Reed played ‘Man wit Strange Glasses’ in the ensemble comedy, headlined by Harvey Keitel. Reed’s ‘Egg Cream’ also featured in the picture.
3. Prozac Nation
A couple of Reed’s songs, including “Perfect Day” (below), featured in the Christina Ricci movie about mental illness.
“I’m sticking with You”, which Reed wrote, featured on the amazing soundtrack for the Ellen Page movie.
Reed’s music – specifically ‘Satellite of Love’ – featured in the film; Reed was also referenced numerous times throughout the movie.
Sad, sad day. RIP Lou Reed.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015