It was as violent as a polish wedding with endless alcohol, but yet, had to love “Olympus Has Fallen” – the first of two White House-centric flicks released this year (the other being “White House Down”) dealing with rogues amok in the cream building, and the lone hero working to save the day.
The pic, which starred Gerard Butler in the faux McClane role, grossed a studio-smiling $161 million worldwide.
Announced just in time for AFM, NuImage are putting together a sequel “London has Fallen”, which will reunite Butler, Morgan Freeman and Aaron Eckhart. While Katrin Benedikt and Creighton Rothenberger are returning to write the screenplay, Antoine Fuqua won’t be returning to direct.
The Hollywood Reporter says the sequel ” is set in London, where the three title characters — a U.S. Secret Service agent (Butler), the U.S. president (Eckhart) the Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives (Freeman) — are attending the funeral of the British prime minister.”
The inevitable third film in the series will then, of course, team Butler’s character with an African American shopkeeper, transforming the franchise into a two-hander.
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
- Beetlejuice 2 is really happening, says Winona Ryder - January 27, 2015
- Knock Knock who’s there? Lionsgate with 3 million bucks! - January 27, 2015
- Gobots go to the big screen!? - January 27, 2015
- Arnold vs Arnold Genisys details! - January 27, 2015
- Yep, this is the Fantastic Four costume - January 27, 2015
- NBC going with Monica Potter series - January 27, 2015
- That’s no Moon, it’s a New Moon! - January 27, 2015
- ABC commissions Chevy Chase, Beverly D’Angelo show - January 27, 2015
- Edgar Wright’s next comes complete with a Twist - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.