Trying to get a second source to confirm that Zach Galifianakis has stepped in for Jim Carrey on Jared Hess’s untitled armoured car comedy (previously known as ‘Loomis Fargo’).
The action/comedy, which has been in the works for a while now, will star Galifianakis and Owen Wilson as inexperienced criminals who rob a bank – leaving a trail of evidence behind.
Inspired by actual events, it’ll fix largely on a naive bank employee who decides to risk it all by teaming up with his work crush to rob their place of business. With a team of dopey accomplices, they take off with over 17 million dollars – but their amateur mission will see they don’t get away with it too easy.
Emily Spivey, Chris Bowman, and Hubbel Palmer worked on the screenplay for the film. Lorne Michaels is among the producers on the Relativity production.
Galifianakis and Wilson previously worked together on Matthew Weiner’s “You Are Here”.
No word on why Carrey might have left the production, but it’s possible the film’s ‘action-centric’ pilot (Carrey shied away from “Kick-Ass 2″, after it’s completion, because he felt it was too violent) has something to do with it.
More when we hear it.
- Joey Potter hires Ray Donovan - January 28, 2015
- Kickboxer star up for Iron Fist? - January 28, 2015
- Imitation Game director resuscitates old Keanu Reeves project - January 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Fantastic Four - January 28, 2015
- Crossbones in spooky supernatural yarn Stephanie - January 28, 2015
- Aussie lad may save America in Independence Day 2 - January 28, 2015
- Watch a Wet Hot American Summer teaser - January 28, 2015
- Jeff Daniels, Aaron Sorkin reunite for Jobs biopic - January 28, 2015
- Chris Pratt as young Indiana Jones!? - January 28, 2015
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.