What this means for the fifth “Mission : Impossible” that he’s attached to direct, I don’t know, but Christopher McQuarrie (“Jack Reacher”) is attached to direct “Star Blazers”, the bigscreen version of the classic ’70s anime.
“Star Blazers” was an adaptation of a Japanese cartoon called ”Space Battleship Yamato ” and told the ‘Battlestar Galactica’-esque story of humans fighting the alien invaders who have but all taken over the planet.
Deadline, who broke the news, say McQuarrie will also produce, alongside David Ellison (also producing the “Mission : Impossible” sequel), Josh Klein and Dana Goldberg.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015