Former NewLine exec Jeff Katz is bringing ’80s classic “Sleepaway Camp” back to screens.
Katz has optioned the remake rights to the 1983 slasher pic, says Deadline, with plans to reintroduce the twisty, terrifying tale to today’s audience. Writer/director-turned-lawyer Robert Hiltzik, producer Michele Tatosian, and actress Felissa Rose control the rights.
Much like “Friday the 13th”, “Sleepaway Camp” fixed on a teenager who tries to escape the clutches of a crazed killer, while her fellow campers are offed one-by-one.
The original “Sleepaway Camp” spawned a series of sequels, including 2003’s “Return to Sleepaway Camp”.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015