Former NewLine exec Jeff Katz is bringing ’80s classic “Sleepaway Camp” back to screens.
Katz has optioned the remake rights to the 1983 slasher pic, says Deadline, with plans to reintroduce the twisty, terrifying tale to today’s audience. Writer/director-turned-lawyer Robert Hiltzik, producer Michele Tatosian, and actress Felissa Rose control the rights.
Much like “Friday the 13th”, “Sleepaway Camp” fixed on a teenager who tries to escape the clutches of a crazed killer, while her fellow campers are offed one-by-one.
The original “Sleepaway Camp” spawned a series of sequels, including 2003’s “Return to Sleepaway Camp”.
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014