Former NewLine exec Jeff Katz is bringing ’80s classic “Sleepaway Camp” back to screens.
Katz has optioned the remake rights to the 1983 slasher pic, says Deadline, with plans to reintroduce the twisty, terrifying tale to today’s audience. Writer/director-turned-lawyer Robert Hiltzik, producer Michele Tatosian, and actress Felissa Rose control the rights.
Much like “Friday the 13th”, “Sleepaway Camp” fixed on a teenager who tries to escape the clutches of a crazed killer, while her fellow campers are offed one-by-one.
The original “Sleepaway Camp” spawned a series of sequels, including 2003’s “Return to Sleepaway Camp”.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015