1. Channing Tatum will star in and produce the new Jonathan Levine film “Breaking Romance”. Details are scarce on the plot.
2. Dan Aykroyd (“Ghostbusters”) and Jill Scott (“Baggage Claim”) have joined the cast of the James Brown biopic, starring Chadwick Boseman (“42″) in the lead role. ”Aykroyd will play Ben Bart, the president of Universal Attractions, at one time one of New York’s largest agencies. The agency repped Brown for over 40 years. In a part that is being written specifically for her, Scott will play Brown’s wife.”
3. “Glee Project” helmer Erik White will direct “Break it Down” for Streamstream Entertainment. “‘Break It Down” follows a washed-up ’90s R&B star who must come to terms with his selfish and destructive behavior in order to get his band back together and court the woman of his dreams”
4. Classic “The Addams Family” are returning to the screen, with a new animated movie said to be in the works at MGM.
5. Kate Beckinsale is in negotiations to star in the thriller “The Disappointments Room”, with filming due to begin in February.
6. “Game of Thrones” star Carice van Houten has joined “Incarnate”, the Aaron Eckhart thriller about an exorcist whose latest mission includes a possessed 9 year-old boy.
7. Owen Wilson is behind a new Reagan-era series set up at Starz.
8. Get onto Kickstarter and promote an awesome-looking new flick in the works called “Still”. Looks very “Season of the Witch”! Get to it!
9. No, Fede Alvarez is STILL on “Evil Dead 2″.
10. A new poster for “Grudge Match” :