Larry Charles (“Borat”, “Bruno”) is set to direct “A Walk in the Woods”, the Robert Redford/Nick Nolte movie that was once intended as a reunion flick for “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid” duo Redford and Paul Newman, says Deadline.
Written by Michael Arndt, formerly of “Star Wars Episode VII”, the picture is a “road-trip comedy about an aging travel writer who decides to hike the 2,000-mile Appalachian Trail, accompanied by a long-estranged high school buddy he’s been avoiding for years. Along the way, the duo face off with each other, nature and an eccentric assortment of characters only to discover that some roads are better left untraveled.”
The film is based on Bill Bryson’s memoir of the same name, and is aiming for a March start.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015