Larry Charles (“Borat”, “Bruno”) is set to direct “A Walk in the Woods”, the Robert Redford/Nick Nolte movie that was once intended as a reunion flick for “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid” duo Redford and Paul Newman, says Deadline.
Written by Michael Arndt, formerly of “Star Wars Episode VII”, the picture is a “road-trip comedy about an aging travel writer who decides to hike the 2,000-mile Appalachian Trail, accompanied by a long-estranged high school buddy he’s been avoiding for years. Along the way, the duo face off with each other, nature and an eccentric assortment of characters only to discover that some roads are better left untraveled.”
The film is based on Bill Bryson’s memoir of the same name, and is aiming for a March start.
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014