A photo has been released of Elton John, the granddad of cool rock, with Tom Hardy, the equally-cool entertainer who’ll be playing the ‘Crocodile Rock’ musician in the upcoming biopic “Rocketman”.
Here’s what the PR people tell us :
Please find attached shot of actor Tom Hardy and Sir Elton John who were on hand this morning, November 5th in Santa Monica, at a buyers’ event hosted by Good Universe, to introduce the larger-than-life movie musical spectacle ROCKETMAN, produced by Steve Hamilton Shaw and David Furnish of Rocket Pictures and Lawrence Bender for AI Films. Sir Elton John and Len Blavatnik are executive producing, along with AI Film CEO Aviv Giladi and Focus Features’ CEO Peter Schlessel. Tom Hardy will star as Elton John in the Michael Gracey directed film written by Lee Hall. Focus Features will release in the US with Good Universe handling international sales.
Much like the man himself, ROCKETMAN is a larger-than-life movie musical spectacle that tells the story of a child prodigy turned music legend. Elton John will re-record many of his iconic hits to parallel the powerful emotional beats of the film that will have audiences on their feet, singing along to his much loved music. The film is scheduled to shoot in fall 2014.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015