1. “Last Vegas” will now release in Australia in February. It was previously a January release.
2. Vision Films, a worldwide distributor of independent feature films, documentaries and music programming, has announced today that they have picked up international sales rights to THE IDENTICAL, the musical drama directed by Dustin Marcellino and starring Blake Rayne, Erin Cotrell (“Love’s Long Journey”), Amanda Crew (“Crazy Kind of Love”), Brian Geraghty (“Boardwalk Empire”), Seth Green (“Dads”), Ashley Judd (“Olympus Has Fallen”), Joe Pantoliano (“The Matrix”) and Ray Liotta (“GoodFellas”). THE IDENTICAL was written by Howard Klausner, who also produced alongside Matt Russell, Joe McDougall, Coke Sams and Clio Tegel. Vision Films represents the film both internationally and domestically, and will have a special screening Friday, November 8th at the Ocean Screening Room in Santa Monica at 3:00pm.
Identical twin brothers (both played by Blake Rayne) are separated at birth during the Great Depression. Their parents (Brian Geraghty, Amanda Crew) just cannot afford to give them both a life beyond poverty, so one is adopted by loving family. Despite their very different upbringings, the boys’ shared passion for music causes their lives to unknowingly intersect as they experience a powerful and mysterious connection often felt by twins. One of the boys becomes the most famous rock ‘n roll legend in the world, Drexel Hemsley, while Ryan Wade struggles to find balance between his love for music and trying to please his evangelist father (Ray Liotta) and his devoted mother (Ashley Judd) who have very different plans for his life in the ministry. Ryan is encouraged by his wife Jenny (Erin Cottrell) and lifelong friends Dino and Avi (Seth Green, Joe Pantoliano) to follow his musical dreams. A timeless tale of love, hope, and redemption, it’s a captivating journey about the restoration and the reconciliation of a family broken apart by culture, creed and tradition.
The film features over 20 original songs in three volumes from the 50s, 60s and 70s with the soundtrack written and produced by Jerry Marcellino (producer of Michael Jackson, Diana Ross, The Supremes, Lionel Richie) and Yochanan Marcellino. With Jerry, Yochanan, Dustin and Jordan Marcellino, the film involved three generations of veterans of the entertainment industry.
CEO Lise Romanoff said, “The Identical is the complete package. Ray Liotta delivers one of the finest performances I have ever seen and Blake Rayne’s voice is on par with the legends of the era.”
“The Identical is a family film for the ages. The uplifting story and music will warm your heart,” said Yochanan Marcellino.
3. Millennium Entertainment is proud to announce the home entertainment release of ”Ninja 2: Shadow of a Tear”, which made a splash at this year’s Fantastic Fest. Isaac Florentine (”Assassin’s Bullett”) returns to direct the sequel to Ninja, the 2009 martial arts action thriller. ”Ninja 2: Shadow of a Tear” will be available on DVD and Blu-Ray™ on December 31, 2013 for an SRP of $19.98 (DVD) and $24.98 (BD).
4. Damon Wayans Jr is staying with “New Girl” until the end of the year.
5. NEW YORK, September 13, 2013 – The Business of Media Distribution by Jeff Ulin, the bestselling book heralded as the film industry staple, is back in its Second Edition and set for release on October 3rd. The book will be the first title published in the “American Film Market Presents” book series, a four-year partnership between the American Film Market (AFM), the largest motion picture market in the world, and the Focal Press, an imprint of Taylor & Francis. The book is now available for pre-order on Amazon.com:http://amzn.to/13VOSZY.
The book’s author, Jeff Ulin, is an industry insider who headed sales for Lucasfilm across distribution markets for most of his career. He speaks all over the world on topics discussed in this book and was just selected for the honor of speaking at the MIPCOM conference being held on October 7-10 in Cannes, France, the year’s most anticipated global market for entertainment content across all platforms. Ulin will present on Monday, October 7th with a presentation entitled “TV: A challenging Golden Age. Technology and ecosystem issues changing the future of TV/content.” He will present to thousands of industry professionals on topics detailed thoroughly in the new book.
Originally published in 2009, Ulin’s first edition of The Business of Media Distribution was groundbreaking and celebrated throughout the industry as the first book to show how all related media distribution markets, including television, video and online, work together and independently to finance and maximize profits on productions. Ulin’s insider knowledge and relaxed writing style easily teach readers how an idea moves from concept to profits and how distribution dominates the bottom line of an industry otherwise grounded in high profile elements (production, creative, law, finance, and marketing).
6. FOX’s “Wayward Pines” has added Justin Kirk (“Weeds”) and Hope Davis (“Arlington Road”).
7. Steve Carell is to write and direct a TBS comedy named “Tribeca”.
8. “Oblivion” star Olga Kurylenko is heading up “Mara” from director Clive Tonge.
Criminal psychologist Kate Fuller (Kurylenko) is assigned to the murder of a man who has seemingly been strangled in his sleep by his wife and the only witness is their eight-year-old daughter, Sophie. As Kate digs into the mystery of an ancient demon which kills people in their sleep, she experiences the same petrifying symptoms as all previous victims and spirals through a chilling nightmare to save herself and Sophie before she dares fall asleep again.
“‘Mara’ promises huge potential with the star power of Olga Kurylenko and up-and-coming horror director Clive Tonge at the helm. We’re thrilled to continue our partnership with Schneider in the launch of this new ‘Insidious’-type film franchise,” said Nestel.
Says Schneider, “Synchronicity and Mann Made Films are the perfect combination for ‘Mara’ – innovative, vigorous and exciting companies in the independent sector. Clive is a phenomenal talent and horror fans will embrace him as widely as they did James Wan and, with Olga starring, we’re onto another hit franchise.”
Said Mann and Barker, “When we started developing ‘Mara’ with Clive and Jonathan, we aimed to partner with a visionary like Steven Schneider. Now teamed up with him, alongside Synchronicity, and Olga’s exceptional talent on board as well, we have the best possible platform to make an incredibly entertaining and chillingly crafted piece of horror.”
9. Coming Soon has teaser posters of “London has Fallen”, among others”, from AFM.
10. The first images from David Cronenberg’s “Map to the Stars”, starring John Cusack and Julianne Moore, are online.
- Taylor-Johnson quits Fifty Shades franchise - March 26, 2015
- X-Men : Apocalypse casts Jubilee; cameos rumoured - March 26, 2015
- Trailer : Maggie - March 26, 2015
- Ben Mendelsohn may star in a Star Wars movie - March 26, 2015
- B v S : Luthor picture; story details - March 26, 2015
- Star Trek 3 : Elba to play villain; Pegg talks scripting - March 26, 2015
- Peter Craig aboard Lawrence’s Addario biopic - March 26, 2015
- Spielberg directing Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One - March 26, 2015
- Jason Segel directing a Lego movie!? - March 26, 2015
- The Smurfs to return March 31, 2017 - March 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.