Blonde bombshell Reese Witherspoon looks to be in talks to star in “The Intern”, according to THR.
Nancy Meyers is set to direct the film, which revolves around the owner of a popular fashion website, who bonds with an elderly intern hired by her company. Scott Rudin has been announced as producer of the project, which was originally set up with Paramount (although the studio is now no longer involved).
At this stage, Witherspoon is circling the role of the website owner, with Robert De Niro looking at starring as the intern himself.
The independently-financed film is expected to be shopped around at AFM next week, with at least one buyer interested with Witherspoon and De Niro attached to the project. Selling off the film’s foreign rights would help cover the production budget, which is said to be in excess of $30 million.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013