Oh, get the greasy pottery out of here!
Apparently there’s not enough original concepts out there, so Paramount have robbed their archives and pulled out the ‘classic’ supernatural romance thriller “Ghost”, stamping it using the exploit pad. Deadline says – like umpteen other classic movies over the past few years – it’s being turned into a TV series.
“Beautiful Mind” scribe Akiva Goldsman and veteran showrunner Jeff Pinker are co-writing a pilot script for “Ghost : The TV show”, which will assumingly repeat the events (guy gets killed, his ghost hangs around to make contact with his beloved bride, he captures his own killer, everyone makes pottery) of the 1990 movie.
Obviously it’s too early to be talking casting but would it be too on the nose to snag Don Swayze and douse his mop of hair with some peroxide?
This isn’t the first time Paramount’s tried to bring one of their classic library favourites to TV – last year they unsuccessfully tried to launch a “Beverly Hills Cop” series. For whatever reason, CBS put the shakedown, breakdown on that idea, and the series – despite featuring original movie star Eddie Murphy – was canned. So, no guarantee “Ghost” will make it to the heavens of the box either.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.