Oh, get the greasy pottery out of here!
Apparently there’s not enough original concepts out there, so Paramount have robbed their archives and pulled out the ‘classic’ supernatural romance thriller “Ghost”, stamping it using the exploit pad. Deadline says – like umpteen other classic movies over the past few years – it’s being turned into a TV series.
“Beautiful Mind” scribe Akiva Goldsman and veteran showrunner Jeff Pinker are co-writing a pilot script for “Ghost : The TV show”, which will assumingly repeat the events (guy gets killed, his ghost hangs around to make contact with his beloved bride, he captures his own killer, everyone makes pottery) of the 1990 movie.
Obviously it’s too early to be talking casting but would it be too on the nose to snag Don Swayze and douse his mop of hair with some peroxide?
This isn’t the first time Paramount’s tried to bring one of their classic library favourites to TV – last year they unsuccessfully tried to launch a “Beverly Hills Cop” series. For whatever reason, CBS put the shakedown, breakdown on that idea, and the series – despite featuring original movie star Eddie Murphy – was canned. So, no guarantee “Ghost” will make it to the heavens of the box either.
- Fernandez, Noth, Parker, Benson are Chronically Metropolitan - January 30, 2015
- Huisman, Palmer set for Currie’s 2:22 - January 30, 2015
- Junior’s back! Problem Child headed to NBC - January 30, 2015
- Cowboy Ninja Viking finds directors - January 30, 2015
- Disney : Episodes VII and VIII due 2017, 2019 - January 30, 2015
- Eddie Murphy returning to Saturday Night Live - January 30, 2015
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan books Spielberg series - January 30, 2015
- The Flash : Set pics capture Graye, Hamill - January 30, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Spooks : The Greater Good - January 30, 2015
- A teaser for The 5th Wave crashes down - January 30, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.