Disturbingly addictive smartphone-and-tablet game “Temple Run” looks to be translated from the ultra-small screen to the ultra-big one, according to THR.
Warner Bros. is apparently in negotiations to create a film version of the game, which will see an explorer, who, having stolen a priceless idol from an ancient temple and is subsequently chased by demonic forces intent on revenge.
“Temple Run” was developed in 2011 by Imangi Studios and has become a best-selling app, spawning a sequel earlier this year – “Temple Run 2” – as well as numerous spin-offs.
“Harry Potter” producer David Heyman has signed on to produce, with the studio now setting its sights on finding the perfect writer to pen the screenplay.
Lynn Harris will oversee “Temple Run” on behalf of Warner Bros.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013