Comedienne Andrea Martin looks set to be teaming up with NBC and Halfire-CORE for a new comedy series, according to THR.
As part of an upcoming deal with former NBC-exec Marc Graboff’s joint venture, the network will co-produce “Working the Engels”, a Canadian comedy starring the SCTV veteran.
The arrangement marks the first time that a U.S. and Canadian broadcaster have worked together to produce a half-hour network comedy series that will actually make it to air.
Written by Katie and Jane ford, the series centres on a family who must band together to make ends meet when their father and sole provider passes away, leaving them up to their necks in debt.
The Engels find themselves all working in Dad’s storefront law firm – the only problem is, daughter Jenna is the only family member actually qualified to practice law.
Martin signed onto the project in March before a U.S. network was even rumoured to be attached; she is set to star as Ceil, the overconfident family matriarch. Kacey Rohl, Azura Skye and Benjamin Arthur will co-star alongside Martin.
“We’re over the moon thrilled to work with NBC and Shaw Media on this series,” said Halfire-CORE president Noreen Halpern.
“Katie and Jane Ford have created a laugh-out-loud show and we’re delighted to have a comedic legend in Andrea Martin, complemented by a trio of rising stars.”
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013