A glass to the door tells me Anton Yelchin (“Star Trek”) and Ashley Greene (“Twilight”) are headed to Romero-territory for Joe Dante’s newie “Burying the Ex”.
Not surprisingly, considering Dante’s back-catalog (“The Hole 3D”, “Gremlins”, “The Burbs”, “Innerspace”), the movie will encompass a funny but fantastical, and likely sometimes frightening storyline.
Max and Evelyn’s relationship takes a nosedive after they decide to move in together and Evelyn turns out to be a controlling, manipulative nightmare. Max realizes it’s time to call it quits, but there’s just one problem: He’s too afraid to break up with her. Fate steps in when Evelyn is involved in a freak accident and dies, leaving Max single and ready to mingle. Several weeks later, he has a chance encounter with Olivia, a cute and plucky girl who just might be his soul mate. But that same night, Evelyn returns from the grave as a dirtsmeared corpse and she’s determined to get Max back…even if that means turning him into one of the undead.
Yelchin (back in “Fright Night” territory”) and Greene (a regular presence in the tween supernatural flick these days) will be joined by a third, as-yet uncast lead.
Trezza scripted the feature.
“Burying the Ex” shoots over the next couple of months in Los Angeles.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015