A glass to the door tells me Anton Yelchin (“Star Trek”) and Ashley Greene (“Twilight”) are headed to Romero-territory for Joe Dante’s newie “Burying the Ex”.
Not surprisingly, considering Dante’s back-catalog (“The Hole 3D”, “Gremlins”, “The Burbs”, “Innerspace”), the movie will encompass a funny but fantastical, and likely sometimes frightening storyline.
Max and Evelyn’s relationship takes a nosedive after they decide to move in together and Evelyn turns out to be a controlling, manipulative nightmare. Max realizes it’s time to call it quits, but there’s just one problem: He’s too afraid to break up with her. Fate steps in when Evelyn is involved in a freak accident and dies, leaving Max single and ready to mingle. Several weeks later, he has a chance encounter with Olivia, a cute and plucky girl who just might be his soul mate. But that same night, Evelyn returns from the grave as a dirtsmeared corpse and she’s determined to get Max back…even if that means turning him into one of the undead.
Yelchin (back in “Fright Night” territory”) and Greene (a regular presence in the tween supernatural flick these days) will be joined by a third, as-yet uncast lead.
Trezza scripted the feature.
“Burying the Ex” shoots over the next couple of months in Los Angeles.
- Mike Colter confirmed as Luke Cage - December 23, 2014
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014