A glass to the door tells me Anton Yelchin (“Star Trek”) and Ashley Greene (“Twilight”) are headed to Romero-territory for Joe Dante’s newie “Burying the Ex”.
Not surprisingly, considering Dante’s back-catalog (“The Hole 3D”, “Gremlins”, “The Burbs”, “Innerspace”), the movie will encompass a funny but fantastical, and likely sometimes frightening storyline.
Max and Evelyn’s relationship takes a nosedive after they decide to move in together and Evelyn turns out to be a controlling, manipulative nightmare. Max realizes it’s time to call it quits, but there’s just one problem: He’s too afraid to break up with her. Fate steps in when Evelyn is involved in a freak accident and dies, leaving Max single and ready to mingle. Several weeks later, he has a chance encounter with Olivia, a cute and plucky girl who just might be his soul mate. But that same night, Evelyn returns from the grave as a dirtsmeared corpse and she’s determined to get Max back…even if that means turning him into one of the undead.
Yelchin (back in “Fright Night” territory”) and Greene (a regular presence in the tween supernatural flick these days) will be joined by a third, as-yet uncast lead.
Trezza scripted the feature.
“Burying the Ex” shoots over the next couple of months in Los Angeles.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015