Like the meteor shower that bangs into poor Sandy and George, “Gravity” is smashing records left, right and center!
The Bullock-led blockbuster is soon expected to surpass the $500 million mark globally, making it one of the most successful sci-fi movies ever.
“Gravity” will also be the largest grossing film of both Sandra Bullock and George Clooney’s careers (yes kids, it made more than ‘Batman & Robin” – and by quite a few bat-nipples!).
Previously, Bullock’s biggest success was that speedy-bus classic “Speed”, at $350.2 million, and Clooney’s was “‘me and my famous friends’ homevid “Ocean’s Eleven”, grossing $450.6 million.
The box office hit has already earned $235.9 million in the US alone and over $261 million overseas. It also lays claim to the highest -grossing live-action feature in October history, earning over $400 million worldwide.
Bolstered by Imax and 3D screenings, “Gravity” was co-financed by Warner Bros and RatPac Dune Entertainment. The film is expected to remain in cinemas for weeks to come.
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
- Laura Dern’s football movie kicks off - November 5, 2014
- Fassbender may play Steve Jobs - November 5, 2014
- Potter conjures up Now You See Me 2 - November 4, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.