Like the meteor shower that bangs into poor Sandy and George, “Gravity” is smashing records left, right and center!
The Bullock-led blockbuster is soon expected to surpass the $500 million mark globally, making it one of the most successful sci-fi movies ever.
“Gravity” will also be the largest grossing film of both Sandra Bullock and George Clooney’s careers (yes kids, it made more than ‘Batman & Robin” – and by quite a few bat-nipples!).
Previously, Bullock’s biggest success was that speedy-bus classic “Speed”, at $350.2 million, and Clooney’s was “‘me and my famous friends’ homevid “Ocean’s Eleven”, grossing $450.6 million.
The box office hit has already earned $235.9 million in the US alone and over $261 million overseas. It also lays claim to the highest -grossing live-action feature in October history, earning over $400 million worldwide.
Bolstered by Imax and 3D screenings, “Gravity” was co-financed by Warner Bros and RatPac Dune Entertainment. The film is expected to remain in cinemas for weeks to come.
- HBO will air 3 ½ Minutes - January 31, 2015
- Sony aquires Descender - January 31, 2015
- Idina Menzel to star in Ellen’s new show? - January 31, 2015
- Nick Cannon directing rom-com Three Little Words - January 31, 2015
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Trailer and New Pics! - January 31, 2015
- Jamie Foxx, Michelle Monaghan to star in Sleepless Night - January 31, 2015
- Jonah Hill, Andrew Mogel, Jarrad Paul to make Vegas Hackers film - January 31, 2015
- Is Focus experiencing A Little Chaos ? - January 30, 2015
- Johnson, Mann, Wilson, Stevens eye How To Be Single - January 30, 2015
- Rachael Taylor is best friend to Jessica Jones - January 30, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.