Like the meteor shower that bangs into poor Sandy and George, “Gravity” is smashing records left, right and center!
The Bullock-led blockbuster is soon expected to surpass the $500 million mark globally, making it one of the most successful sci-fi movies ever.
“Gravity” will also be the largest grossing film of both Sandra Bullock and George Clooney’s careers (yes kids, it made more than ‘Batman & Robin” – and by quite a few bat-nipples!).
Previously, Bullock’s biggest success was that speedy-bus classic “Speed”, at $350.2 million, and Clooney’s was “‘me and my famous friends’ homevid “Ocean’s Eleven”, grossing $450.6 million.
The box office hit has already earned $235.9 million in the US alone and over $261 million overseas. It also lays claim to the highest -grossing live-action feature in October history, earning over $400 million worldwide.
Bolstered by Imax and 3D screenings, “Gravity” was co-financed by Warner Bros and RatPac Dune Entertainment. The film is expected to remain in cinemas for weeks to come.
- Trailer: Absolutely Anything - May 4, 2015
- First look: Suicide Squad assembles - May 3, 2015
- Stunning new Mad Max: Fury Road images - May 3, 2015
- Kyle Patrick Alvarez to helm YA thriller Acceleration - May 3, 2015
- SundanceTV casts James Purefoy in Hap and Leonard - May 2, 2015
- Power Ranges delayed until 2017 - May 2, 2015
- Dakota Fanning & Helen Hunt to star in Please Stand By - May 2, 2015
- Barbershop 3 hires Regina Hall - May 2, 2015
- Josh Hutcherson boards James Franco’s The Long Home - May 2, 2015
- First look at Megan Fox & Stephen Amell in TMNT2 - May 2, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.