Aussie Jacki Weaver has been in-demand since, well… playing that god-awful crook momma in “Animal Kingdom” a couple of years back. She, as we local yokels know, has always been rather fabulous but it’s only now that Hollywood’s started to sit up and take notice of her.
Hot on the heels of her Oscar nomination for “Silver Linings Playbook”, the actress has been snapped up to co-star with Anna Gunn (“Breaking Bad”) and one-time ‘Doctor Who’ David Tennant in “Gracepoint”, a new Fox event series from director James Strong. A remake of UK series “Broadchurch”, it’s scheduled to begin filming in January for a debut next season.
Here’s what Deadline has :
Gracepoint, from Shine America and Kudos, centers on Detective Emmett Carver (Tennant), the lead male investigator on the case of a shocking murder that puts a small town under scrutiny. Gunn, repped by UTA and The Schiff Co., will play Detective Ellie Miller, a wife and mother who was passed over for a promised promotion in favor of an outsider, Carver, but her disappointment quickly fades in light of tragedy. Weaver, repped by ICM Partners, Elevate Entertainment and Felker Toczek, will play Susan Wright, a glowering, mysterious woman who is new to town.
Weaver recently appeared in the JFK assassination drama “Parkland”.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015