Aussie Jacki Weaver has been in-demand since, well… playing that god-awful crook momma in “Animal Kingdom” a couple of years back. She, as we local yokels know, has always been rather fabulous but it’s only now that Hollywood’s started to sit up and take notice of her.
Hot on the heels of her Oscar nomination for “Silver Linings Playbook”, the actress has been snapped up to co-star with Anna Gunn (“Breaking Bad”) and one-time ‘Doctor Who’ David Tennant in “Gracepoint”, a new Fox event series from director James Strong. A remake of UK series “Broadchurch”, it’s scheduled to begin filming in January for a debut next season.
Here’s what Deadline has :
Gracepoint, from Shine America and Kudos, centers on Detective Emmett Carver (Tennant), the lead male investigator on the case of a shocking murder that puts a small town under scrutiny. Gunn, repped by UTA and The Schiff Co., will play Detective Ellie Miller, a wife and mother who was passed over for a promised promotion in favor of an outsider, Carver, but her disappointment quickly fades in light of tragedy. Weaver, repped by ICM Partners, Elevate Entertainment and Felker Toczek, will play Susan Wright, a glowering, mysterious woman who is new to town.
Weaver recently appeared in the JFK assassination drama “Parkland”.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015