Aussie Jacki Weaver has been in-demand since, well… playing that god-awful crook momma in “Animal Kingdom” a couple of years back. She, as we local yokels know, has always been rather fabulous but it’s only now that Hollywood’s started to sit up and take notice of her.
Hot on the heels of her Oscar nomination for “Silver Linings Playbook”, the actress has been snapped up to co-star with Anna Gunn (“Breaking Bad”) and one-time ‘Doctor Who’ David Tennant in “Gracepoint”, a new Fox event series from director James Strong. A remake of UK series “Broadchurch”, it’s scheduled to begin filming in January for a debut next season.
Here’s what Deadline has :
Gracepoint, from Shine America and Kudos, centers on Detective Emmett Carver (Tennant), the lead male investigator on the case of a shocking murder that puts a small town under scrutiny. Gunn, repped by UTA and The Schiff Co., will play Detective Ellie Miller, a wife and mother who was passed over for a promised promotion in favor of an outsider, Carver, but her disappointment quickly fades in light of tragedy. Weaver, repped by ICM Partners, Elevate Entertainment and Felker Toczek, will play Susan Wright, a glowering, mysterious woman who is new to town.
Weaver recently appeared in the JFK assassination drama “Parkland”.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014