If Tom Cruise is as good as a salesman as he is an actor, the “Oblivion” star may reunite with Jack Nicholson – for the first time since 1992’s “A Few Good Men” – on Warner Bros comedy “El Presidente”.
The Hollywood Reporter says Cruise and Doug Liman, Cruise’s “Edge of Tomorrow” director who’ll be reuniting with him for this one, paid Nicholson a visit last week to try and convince the 76-year-old to play a former president in the picture.
The film, in the works since 2010, was originally going to be helmed by “Recount” helmer Jay Roach.
The trade says “Presidente is about a straight-arrow Secret Service agent who is assigned to protect America’s worst former president, an alcoholic and womanizing sleazebag who never won a presidential election but was elevated from VP when the president died. When a threat is made on the ex-president’s life, the duo must go on the run.”
While Nicholson didn’t commit (yet), he did at least agree to read the script, which was written by Jesse Armstrong and Daniel J. Goor and rewritten by Paul Attanasio.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015