If Tom Cruise is as good as a salesman as he is an actor, the “Oblivion” star may reunite with Jack Nicholson – for the first time since 1992’s “A Few Good Men” – on Warner Bros comedy “El Presidente”.
The Hollywood Reporter says Cruise and Doug Liman, Cruise’s “Edge of Tomorrow” director who’ll be reuniting with him for this one, paid Nicholson a visit last week to try and convince the 76-year-old to play a former president in the picture.
The film, in the works since 2010, was originally going to be helmed by “Recount” helmer Jay Roach.
The trade says “Presidente is about a straight-arrow Secret Service agent who is assigned to protect America’s worst former president, an alcoholic and womanizing sleazebag who never won a presidential election but was elevated from VP when the president died. When a threat is made on the ex-president’s life, the duo must go on the run.”
While Nicholson didn’t commit (yet), he did at least agree to read the script, which was written by Jesse Armstrong and Daniel J. Goor and rewritten by Paul Attanasio.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014