It has been confirmed that the five surviving members of the British comedy group will be reuniting for a stage show, after 15 years apart.
Terry Jones, John Cleese, Michael Palin, Terry Gilliam and Eric Idle will be “getting together and putting on a show.”
“I’m quite excited about it and I hope it makes us a lot of money!” Jones told the BBC. “I hope to be able to pay off my mortgage!”
The last time the group performed together on stage was back in 1998 at the Aspen Comedy Festival.
Further details will be announced during a press conference on Thursday, which will take place at the Playhouse Theatre.
Idle hinted at the news on Monday in a tweet: “Only three days to go till the Python Press Conference. Make sure Python fans are alerted to the big forthcoming news event.”
He later added: “Python meeting this morning. Can’t wait. Press Conference Thursday will apparently be live on Sky News. I’ll get you the online URL.”
Graham Chapman, the sixth member of Monty Python, passed away in 1989 of cancer.
- Fear The Walking Dead Sneak Peak - March 30, 2015
- Preview look at Ryan Gosling’s Lost River - March 30, 2015
- TV Spot: Marvel’s Daredevil - March 30, 2015
- Sacha Baron Cohen is Freddie Mercury - March 29, 2015
- Is Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine for the ‘last time’? - March 29, 2015
- Masi Oka returning for Heroes Reborn - March 28, 2015
- Walking Dead companion series gets a title - March 28, 2015
- New Terminator Genisys TV spot debuts new footage - March 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer: Mad Max: Fury Road - March 28, 2015
- Avengers featurette introduces Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver - March 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.