It has been confirmed that the five surviving members of the British comedy group will be reuniting for a stage show, after 15 years apart.
Terry Jones, John Cleese, Michael Palin, Terry Gilliam and Eric Idle will be “getting together and putting on a show.”
“I’m quite excited about it and I hope it makes us a lot of money!” Jones told the BBC. “I hope to be able to pay off my mortgage!”
The last time the group performed together on stage was back in 1998 at the Aspen Comedy Festival.
Further details will be announced during a press conference on Thursday, which will take place at the Playhouse Theatre.
Idle hinted at the news on Monday in a tweet: “Only three days to go till the Python Press Conference. Make sure Python fans are alerted to the big forthcoming news event.”
He later added: “Python meeting this morning. Can’t wait. Press Conference Thursday will apparently be live on Sky News. I’ll get you the online URL.”
Graham Chapman, the sixth member of Monty Python, passed away in 1989 of cancer.
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
- Laura Dern’s football movie kicks off - November 5, 2014
- Fassbender may play Steve Jobs - November 5, 2014
- Potter conjures up Now You See Me 2 - November 4, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.