Marvel fans everywhere will no doubt be disappointed to hear that although Sony has big ideas for even more “Spiderman” sequels and spinoffs, there are no planned Marvel “reunions” in the works, according to Deadline.
Sony Pictures Entertainment chief Michael Lynton has said that “we do very much have the ambition about creating a bigger universe around Spider-Man. There are a number of scripts in the works”.
Actual details about what might be on offer to audiences in the future were kept tightly under wraps, with the only clue given being that Sony is “working closely with Marvel and Disney”.
However, the contractual agreement that gives Sony the rights to the web-slinging hero allows them to exploit any character from Spidey’s universe – but for anything beyond that has to be approved by Marvel/Disney.
- Wanna know how much Frozen has now made!?… - April 28, 2014
- Spider-Man won’t be teaming with The Avengers anytime soon… - November 22, 2013
- Kevin Spacey producing Grand Turismo movie - November 21, 2013
- The Following‘s Natalie Zea joins indie drama Supreme Ruler - November 21, 2013
- Witches of East End star doing rom com A Ring by Spring - November 20, 2013
- New clips from American Hustle and Crave - November 20, 2013
- Trailer : Twice Born - November 20, 2013
- R2D2 to reprise role of R2D2 for Star Wars Episode VII - November 19, 2013
- Hunger Games writer tackling Last Tycoon - November 19, 2013
- New TV Spot for The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug - November 19, 2013