HBO’s “Game of Thrones” will be markedly absent from the race for Best Drama Series at next year’s WGA awards.
The acclaimed drama has taken out two consecutive awards in the category but will not compete in 2014 due to a submission issue.
“As a result of an inadvertent online entry error HBO’s Game of Thrones was not entered in the WGA Awards Drama Series category,” the network told Deadline in a statement. “The series’ episodic entries were not affected.”
As the submission process is carried out online, it is not clear whether the mistake occurred due to human fault or an online error.
Regardless, the Writer’ Guild of America would not permit the show’s late entry into the category after the mistake was realised.
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
- Laura Dern’s football movie kicks off - November 5, 2014
- Fassbender may play Steve Jobs - November 5, 2014
- Potter conjures up Now You See Me 2 - November 4, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.