HBO’s “Game of Thrones” will be markedly absent from the race for Best Drama Series at next year’s WGA awards.
The acclaimed drama has taken out two consecutive awards in the category but will not compete in 2014 due to a submission issue.
“As a result of an inadvertent online entry error HBO’s Game of Thrones was not entered in the WGA Awards Drama Series category,” the network told Deadline in a statement. “The series’ episodic entries were not affected.”
As the submission process is carried out online, it is not clear whether the mistake occurred due to human fault or an online error.
Regardless, the Writer’ Guild of America would not permit the show’s late entry into the category after the mistake was realised.
- Trailer: Ex Machina - March 4, 2015
- Steve Martin joins Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk - March 4, 2015
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher nabs female lead in CBS pilot - February 28, 2015
- Elisabeth Rohm joins Jennifer Lawrence starer - February 28, 2015
- Bruce Lee’s daughter plans biopic about her father - February 28, 2015
- Robert Townsend will helm the latest Brewster’s Millions adaptation - February 28, 2015
- Why James Franco? - February 28, 2015
- Kristen Stewart is a lawyer in indie drama - February 28, 2015
- Adventure Time coming to the big screen - February 28, 2015
- First pic of Eddie Redmayne as a woman - February 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.