HBO’s “Game of Thrones” will be markedly absent from the race for Best Drama Series at next year’s WGA awards.
The acclaimed drama has taken out two consecutive awards in the category but will not compete in 2014 due to a submission issue.
“As a result of an inadvertent online entry error HBO’s Game of Thrones was not entered in the WGA Awards Drama Series category,” the network told Deadline in a statement. “The series’ episodic entries were not affected.”
As the submission process is carried out online, it is not clear whether the mistake occurred due to human fault or an online error.
Regardless, the Writer’ Guild of America would not permit the show’s late entry into the category after the mistake was realised.
- First look at James McAvoy & Daniel Radcliffe in Victor Frankenstein - April 25, 2015
- Abigail Breslin is a zombie in new Maggie clip - April 25, 2015
- Trailer: Barely Lethal - April 25, 2015
- Game of Thrones star joins prison thriller - April 25, 2015
- Evan Peters checking into American Horror Story: Hotel - April 25, 2015
- Wolverine gets Blade Runner 2 scribe - April 25, 2015
- The Big Short casts Max Greenfield - April 24, 2015
- McDreamy is leaving Grey’s Anatomy - April 24, 2015
- The Free State of Jones stills star a definant McConaughey - April 24, 2015
- Chris Pratt’s close call in new Jurassic World clip - April 24, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.