Millions of fans from across the globe tuned in for the “Doctor Who” 50th anniversary special in the early hours of this morning.
“The Day of the Doctor” was simultaneously televised in over 90 countries, which meant that in Australia the broadcast took place at 6:50am.
Despite the early start, fans turned up to witness the event at public screenings, many of whom were in costume.
According to overnight ratings, the 75 minute special was the most watched episode of the series since Christmas Day 2010, raking in an average of 10.2 million viewers on BBC One in the UK.
Beyond Australia and the UK, the special was witnessed in countries such as the US, Canada, Brazil, Hong Kong, Russia, Botswana, Mexico and Nigeria.
If you missed the episode, tune in to ABC1 at 7:30pm tonight for a replay. Alternatively, Village Cinemas are holding screenings in various cinemas at 6:30pm tonight.
- Masi Oka returning for Heroes Reborn - March 28, 2015
- Walking Dead companion series gets a title - March 28, 2015
- New Terminator Genisys TV spot debuts new footage - March 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer: Mad Max: Fury Road - March 28, 2015
- Avengers featurette introduces Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver - March 28, 2015
- Supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio joins TMNT2 - March 28, 2015
- Fox nabs The Leviathan - March 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer: Spectre - March 28, 2015
- Deadpool gets sassy in first image - March 28, 2015
- Final poster for The Age of Adaline - March 27, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.