Millions of fans from across the globe tuned in for the “Doctor Who” 50th anniversary special in the early hours of this morning.
“The Day of the Doctor” was simultaneously televised in over 90 countries, which meant that in Australia the broadcast took place at 6:50am.
Despite the early start, fans turned up to witness the event at public screenings, many of whom were in costume.
According to overnight ratings, the 75 minute special was the most watched episode of the series since Christmas Day 2010, raking in an average of 10.2 million viewers on BBC One in the UK.
Beyond Australia and the UK, the special was witnessed in countries such as the US, Canada, Brazil, Hong Kong, Russia, Botswana, Mexico and Nigeria.
If you missed the episode, tune in to ABC1 at 7:30pm tonight for a replay. Alternatively, Village Cinemas are holding screenings in various cinemas at 6:30pm tonight.
- Trailer: Ex Machina - March 4, 2015
- Steve Martin joins Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk - March 4, 2015
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher nabs female lead in CBS pilot - February 28, 2015
- Elisabeth Rohm joins Jennifer Lawrence starer - February 28, 2015
- Bruce Lee’s daughter plans biopic about her father - February 28, 2015
- Robert Townsend will helm the latest Brewster’s Millions adaptation - February 28, 2015
- Why James Franco? - February 28, 2015
- Kristen Stewart is a lawyer in indie drama - February 28, 2015
- Adventure Time coming to the big screen - February 28, 2015
- First pic of Eddie Redmayne as a woman - February 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.