Millions of fans from across the globe tuned in for the “Doctor Who” 50th anniversary special in the early hours of this morning.
“The Day of the Doctor” was simultaneously televised in over 90 countries, which meant that in Australia the broadcast took place at 6:50am.
Despite the early start, fans turned up to witness the event at public screenings, many of whom were in costume.
According to overnight ratings, the 75 minute special was the most watched episode of the series since Christmas Day 2010, raking in an average of 10.2 million viewers on BBC One in the UK.
Beyond Australia and the UK, the special was witnessed in countries such as the US, Canada, Brazil, Hong Kong, Russia, Botswana, Mexico and Nigeria.
If you missed the episode, tune in to ABC1 at 7:30pm tonight for a replay. Alternatively, Village Cinemas are holding screenings in various cinemas at 6:30pm tonight.
- Is Focus experiencing A Little Chaos ? - January 30, 2015
- Johnson, Mann, Wilson, Stevens eye How To Be Single - January 30, 2015
- Rachael Taylor is best friend to Jessica Jones - January 30, 2015
- Jay Roach will tame the Mad Dogs - January 29, 2015
- 300: Rise of an Empire helmer to take on heist drama - January 29, 2015
- Swank and Sarandon join animated comedy Spark - January 29, 2015
- Trailer: Ted 2 - January 29, 2015
- Scandal’s Jenna Bans sells new show to ABC - January 29, 2015
- Supergirl’s love interest is cast! - January 29, 2015
- Geoffrey Rush will play Oliver! composer - January 29, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.