Millions of fans from across the globe tuned in for the “Doctor Who” 50th anniversary special in the early hours of this morning.
“The Day of the Doctor” was simultaneously televised in over 90 countries, which meant that in Australia the broadcast took place at 6:50am.
Despite the early start, fans turned up to witness the event at public screenings, many of whom were in costume.
According to overnight ratings, the 75 minute special was the most watched episode of the series since Christmas Day 2010, raking in an average of 10.2 million viewers on BBC One in the UK.
Beyond Australia and the UK, the special was witnessed in countries such as the US, Canada, Brazil, Hong Kong, Russia, Botswana, Mexico and Nigeria.
If you missed the episode, tune in to ABC1 at 7:30pm tonight for a replay. Alternatively, Village Cinemas are holding screenings in various cinemas at 6:30pm tonight.
- Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk slated for Veterans Day - April 18, 2015
- Penelope “Little Penny” Cruz joins Zoolander 2 - April 18, 2015
- The Limehouse Golum adds Alan Rickman, Olivia Cooke, Douglas Booth - April 18, 2015
- Three new Scream Queens Posters - April 18, 2015
- Trailer: Dope - April 18, 2015
- Gina Rodriguez nabs female lead in Purple Hearts - April 17, 2015
- Russell Brand joins Nicolas Cage’s Army of One - April 17, 2015
- Sarah Jessica Parker is getting a Divorce - April 17, 2015
- Herizen Guardiola to star in Baz Luhrmann’s Netflix drama The Get Down - April 17, 2015
- Steve Carell to star in doco adaptation Marwencol - April 17, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.