Millions of fans from across the globe tuned in for the “Doctor Who” 50th anniversary special in the early hours of this morning.
“The Day of the Doctor” was simultaneously televised in over 90 countries, which meant that in Australia the broadcast took place at 6:50am.
Despite the early start, fans turned up to witness the event at public screenings, many of whom were in costume.
According to overnight ratings, the 75 minute special was the most watched episode of the series since Christmas Day 2010, raking in an average of 10.2 million viewers on BBC One in the UK.
Beyond Australia and the UK, the special was witnessed in countries such as the US, Canada, Brazil, Hong Kong, Russia, Botswana, Mexico and Nigeria.
If you missed the episode, tune in to ABC1 at 7:30pm tonight for a replay. Alternatively, Village Cinemas are holding screenings in various cinemas at 6:30pm tonight.
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
- Laura Dern’s football movie kicks off - November 5, 2014
- Fassbender may play Steve Jobs - November 5, 2014
- Potter conjures up Now You See Me 2 - November 4, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.