In last night’s shocking episode of FOX’s “Family Guy”, long-time series staple ‘Brian’, the dog, passed away and met his maker in the kennel above. The death saw Twitter light-up like a newly–pregnant woman caught up in a Christmas tree, and today, there’s petitions online demanding the character’s reinstatement.
So… is Brian dead for good?
C’mon! The last thing Seth MacFarlane wants on his hands is “Head of the Class” with Billy Connolly starring (Google, kids!); of course, Brian will be back.
And here’s why!
1. Marketing : Those ‘Brian’ toys/mugs/tees/lunch-boxes will see a real spike in sales this week! Hugely so. Perfect timing too.. what with Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner. The ‘death’ on the show hasn’t just put the series back into the glowing rays of the spotlight, but the character too – making his inevitable return all the more exciting, when it happens.
2. The Time Machine : It may not be working at the moment, but Stewie is in the possession of a time-machine. If a tot can turn back the clock on September 11, then he can most certainly rewind the days on the doggie’s death – which is likely to come as soon as the family get sick of ‘replacement’ pooch Vinnie.
3. Notice over on the Family Guy wiki page that the character of ‘Brian’ is listed as appearing in some forthcoming episodes? The last episode of the season is actually called ‘Brian the Closer’. Fox clearly took a leak on you letter boxes.
4. In an interview with EOnline, executive producer Steve Callaghan mentions that Brian’s death is going to shake up the family dynamic for the next couple of episodes – yes, ‘couple of episodes’. Clearly, the dog will be back after the ‘shake up’.
5. Brian’s not listed as being involved in any episodes until the ones that screen after Christmas. Obviously – Okay, assumingly – Stewie somehow manages to bring Brian back in the ‘Christmas’ episode, either by way of having his future self come back to warn his younger self not to destroy the time-machine, thus Brian never dies, or by some other time-altering device.
Either way, I think we’ll all be laughing at just how many tears this scene cruelly yanked out of us in a few weeks.. (And one thing’s for sure, I’m not letting my 6-year-old, who ‘loves’ Family Guy watch this episode.. there won’t be any sleeping for weeks).
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.