Dear Mr. Abrams.
J.J. (May I call you J.J.?), I don’t want to take up your time. I know you must be crazy busy. I’m a Big fan. You’ve made (and helped make) some really awesome stuff. The Lost pilot is probably the best pilot ever made. But I’m here about Star Wars. You’re making a sequel to a trilogy that already had a fairly crappy trilogy of prequels, but whatever brings in the bucks right? Since you and Disney insist on doing this whole sequel business, I have a favour to ask.
Cast Dylan O’Brien as Han and Leia’s Son.
Why, you ask? I’ll tell you.
He is funny. When you ask anyone about the prequel Star Wars films, the fact that they weren’t funny was a big problem. You don’t want to be stuck with another Hayden Christensen bringing down movies with his inability to crack a smile. Dylan is the comic relief on MTV’s Teen Wolf and recently held his own with Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson in ‘The Internship’. He knows how to make people laugh.
He is surprisingly talented. Listen, I know. The guy got his start on a show called “Teen Wolf” (it’s a better show than you think. Give it a shot), you wouldn’t expect that to be the place to find the next superstar. But he is insanely talented. He gets to be the comic relief in one moment and the heart of the show in the next. If you don’t believe me watch any scene between his character Stiles and his dad, Sheriff Stilinski. (Who is played by Linden Ashby. Yeah, Johnny Cage is his dad).
He is going to be a huge star. He plays the lead role of Thomas in next year’s much anticipated “The Maze Runner”. They moved the production of his next film ‘Glimmer’ just so they could make sure they had him. The guy has lead roles being thrown at him, so you’ll want to get him while he is still available to get. He’s a guy who can carry your franchise and win an Oscar for that indie flick he did in the off months. He could be the Jennifer Lawrence for your franchise.
He looks like a young Harrison Ford. Yeah, he’s that attractive.
Now I don’t want to pressure you J.J. I know you’ll have a wide range of talented young actors to choose from. But I watched Lost after it stopped making sense. And Alias. So let’s just cast Dylan O’Brien and we’ll call it even. You won’t regret it.
- Trailer : The Fault in Our Stars - January 30, 2014
- Lauren’s 5 must-see movies of 2014 - January 4, 2014
- Merry Christmas Sherlock fans! Here’s a mini-episode! - December 25, 2013
- Check this out! Groot casting, right!? - December 22, 2013
- Poster for The Fault in Our Stars revealed - December 19, 2013
- Divergent director not returning for sequels - December 18, 2013
- Veronica Mars opening Paleyfest; headed to Pivot network - December 18, 2013
- Anchorman 2 : The Legend Continues - December 17, 2013
- Lauren was faster than a speeding silver bullet in posting the Teen Wolf 3B trailer - December 12, 2013
- Tea Bag shoots a straight Arrow - December 12, 2013