Keanu Reeves is still determined to get that third “Bill & Ted” movie off-the-ground but first, he says, someone needs to cull it’s script pages and make it financially viable to do.
“It needs to be adapted because right now, it would cost $400 million to make,” the “47 Ronin” star tells Access Hollywood.
“There’s a rift in the universe and there’s all sorts of creatures,” the actor said of the plot. “The script is funny and there’s a story to tell there, so there are efforts being made to try and continue that journey.”
But the actor thinks it’ll be a trip to reunite with Alex Winter for a third film.
“That would be surreal,” he said of reuniting with his old ’90s sidekick.
In a recent interview with The Playlist, Reeves spoke a little more about Ed Solomon and Chris Matheson’s script for the third movie.
“It’s basically that Bill and Ted haven’t been able to create that song that’s supposed to change the world and what that’s done to them,” Reeves said. “So they go into the future to try to figure out what happened, and some hijinks ensue. So there’s something about family and mortality and I think it’s a wonderful extension to these wonderful characters.”
- Magnolia picks up Experimenter; New image released - March 27, 2015
- Taylor-Johnson quits Fifty Shades franchise - March 26, 2015
- X-Men : Apocalypse casts Jubilee; cameos rumoured - March 26, 2015
- Trailer : Maggie - March 26, 2015
- Ben Mendelsohn may star in a Star Wars movie - March 26, 2015
- B v S : Luthor picture; story details - March 26, 2015
- Star Trek 3 : Elba to play villain; Pegg talks scripting - March 26, 2015
- Peter Craig aboard Lawrence’s Addario biopic - March 26, 2015
- Spielberg directing Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One - March 26, 2015
- Jason Segel directing a Lego movie!? - March 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.