“Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom” has smashed box office records in South Africa.
Since it opened on Thursday, the film has raked in 751,000 rands, which equates to roughly 80,900 Australian dollars.
Released by Videovision Entertainment (through United International Pictures), the film soared to number 1 at the box office and, according to Videovision, has set a new record for a non-holiday Thursday release.
The biographical film follows Nelson Mandela’s life, from childhood to presidency. Idris Elba stars as the peace icon alongside Naomie Harris, who plays Winnie Mandela.
- Fear The Walking Dead Sneak Peak - March 30, 2015
- Preview look at Ryan Gosling’s Lost River - March 30, 2015
- TV Spot: Marvel’s Daredevil - March 30, 2015
- Sacha Baron Cohen is Freddie Mercury - March 29, 2015
- Is Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine for the ‘last time’? - March 29, 2015
- Masi Oka returning for Heroes Reborn - March 28, 2015
- Walking Dead companion series gets a title - March 28, 2015
- New Terminator Genisys TV spot debuts new footage - March 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer: Mad Max: Fury Road - March 28, 2015
- Avengers featurette introduces Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver - March 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.