“Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom” has smashed box office records in South Africa.
Since it opened on Thursday, the film has raked in 751,000 rands, which equates to roughly 80,900 Australian dollars.
Released by Videovision Entertainment (through United International Pictures), the film soared to number 1 at the box office and, according to Videovision, has set a new record for a non-holiday Thursday release.
The biographical film follows Nelson Mandela’s life, from childhood to presidency. Idris Elba stars as the peace icon alongside Naomie Harris, who plays Winnie Mandela.
- HBO will air 3 ½ Minutes - January 31, 2015
- Sony aquires Descender - January 31, 2015
- Idina Menzel to star in Ellen’s new show? - January 31, 2015
- Nick Cannon directing rom-com Three Little Words - January 31, 2015
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Trailer and New Pics! - January 31, 2015
- Jamie Foxx, Michelle Monaghan to star in Sleepless Night - January 31, 2015
- Jonah Hill, Andrew Mogel, Jarrad Paul to make Vegas Hackers film - January 31, 2015
- Is Focus experiencing A Little Chaos ? - January 30, 2015
- Johnson, Mann, Wilson, Stevens eye How To Be Single - January 30, 2015
- Rachael Taylor is best friend to Jessica Jones - January 30, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.