This is a hard one to write.
“Fast & Furious” star Paul Walker has tragically died, aged 40.
The actor was one of two males that perished in a car crash 3:30 p.m. in the 28300 clock of Rye Canyon Loop in Los Angeles. The actor, also known for his roles in “Varsity Blues”, “Into the Blue” and “She’s All That”, was working a charity event for Reach Out Worldwide at the time.
Walker, who had been filming “Fast & Furious 7″, was – just like his character in the “Fast & Furious” franchise – a car lover.
But more than that, Walker was a wonderful guy. I had met the guy a couple of times, and on both occasions he struck me as a really down-to-earth, very likeable guy. I enjoyed talking to him, and hearing his pragmatic thoughts on acting, Hollywood and juggling life as an actor with fatherhood. Walker was one of a kind – a single dad that devoted his life to his daughter, and – as far as I could tell – made films not so much to further himself, but to give his little one some future security. Meadow is just 14.
This is just so, so dad. No doubt we’ll have more over the coming days. And I don’t even want to hear “but what will happen to Fast & Furious 7 now?” and questions of such ilk. Let’s just think about the family, for now.
Won’t forget the chats we had Paul.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.