This is a hard one to write.
“Fast & Furious” star Paul Walker has tragically died, aged 40.
The actor was one of two males that perished in a car crash 3:30 p.m. in the 28300 clock of Rye Canyon Loop in Los Angeles. The actor, also known for his roles in “Varsity Blues”, “Into the Blue” and “She’s All That”, was working a charity event for Reach Out Worldwide at the time.
Walker, who had been filming “Fast & Furious 7″, was – just like his character in the “Fast & Furious” franchise – a car lover.
But more than that, Walker was a wonderful guy. I had met the guy a couple of times, and on both occasions he struck me as a really down-to-earth, very likeable guy. I enjoyed talking to him, and hearing his pragmatic thoughts on acting, Hollywood and juggling life as an actor with fatherhood. Walker was one of a kind – a single dad that devoted his life to his daughter, and – as far as I could tell – made films not so much to further himself, but to give his little one some future security. Meadow is just 14.
This is just so, so dad. No doubt we’ll have more over the coming days. And I don’t even want to hear “but what will happen to Fast & Furious 7 now?” and questions of such ilk. Let’s just think about the family, for now.
Won’t forget the chats we had Paul.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.