In an emotional, very sincere chinwag with Deadline about his friend and client Paul Walker, manager Matt Luber spoke about the late actor’s plans to star in a romantic epic, based on a Nicholas Sparks book, in 2014.
Walker, who tragically died before completing Universal’s “Fast & Furious 7″, was locked-in to two movies next year, one was a reboot of ‘Hitman’, another was… something for the ladies.
“…he had two other movies he was excited to get to do. One was Agent 47, the re-imagining of Hitman, and the other was a total departure from what people expected from Paul Walker. He was going to do a Nicholas Sparks love story, The Best Of Me. We had wanted to do a love story for most of his career, and the stars finally aligned and we found the perfect one. He was in the final stages of negotiating to do that after Agent 47. After that, he was committed to taking a significant break to be with his daughter.”
Walker had been circling a film called “Skyscraper”, for a while too, but I’m not sure whether he was still committed to that at the time of his passing.
Our condolences to Mr. Luber on the loss of his long-time friend.
- Jetsons animated movie in the works - January 24, 2015
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
- Bruce Willis’s next straight-to-disc dud will be… - January 21, 2015
- The Girl with the Reliable R2 Unit - January 21, 2015
- Lee, Ashbrook, Fenn, Ontkean back for Twin Peaks - January 19, 2015
- Gremlins reboot on pause - January 18, 2015
- Star of new Ring sequel announced - January 18, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.