1. Universal has optioned the Steve Breen picture book “Unicorn Executions” for “Dodgeball” director Rawson Thurber.
2. Ben Affleck talked to Playboy about how his incarnation of Batman will differ from the previous versions. “The idea for the new Batman is to redefine him in a way that doesn’t compete with the Bale and Chris Nolan Batman but still exists within the Batman canon. It will be an older and wiser version, particularly as he relates to Henry Cavill’s Superman character.” More from the interview here.
3. Mark Strong series “Low Winter Sun” is being cancelled after just the one low-rating season.
4. Juliette Binoche, James Brolin, and Oscar Nunez have joined the cast of the Chilean miner movie “The 33”.
5. Olivia Cooke (“Bates Motel”) and Douglas Smith (“Big Love”) are set to star in the Michael Bay-produced horror movie “Ouija” for Universal.
6. Denis Villeneuve (“Prisoners”) is circling ”Sicario”, a Taylor Sheridan-scripted drama which “focuses on the murky legal loophole that allows mercenaries to breach the border of Mexico to corral drug kingpins, as long as they are accompanied by a legitimate law officer. In this case, a female cop from Tucson accompanies two delta force-type rangers across the border to apprehend a drug lord. Once across the border, the cop finds she has stepped into No Country For Old Men terrain, with violence and depravity she never imagined.”
7. Dustin Hoffman has joined the cast of Stephen Frear’s untitled Lance Armstrong biopic (which stars Ben Foster in the lead role).
8. J.D Payne and Patrick McKay will write “Star Trek 3” alongside Roberto Orci.
9. Amanda Seyfried will star in “He’s F-ing Perfect”, a Jake Szymanski-directed film about ”a social media-savvy girl who is pessimistic about love and vets her friends’ dates to find flaws. When that process leads her to uncover the perfect guy, she decides to use her Internet research skills to turn herself into his perfect match.”
10. One rumour has Doomsday and Metallo appearing in the upcoming “Batman vs. Superman”. They would join Lex Luthor (who Think McFly Think say Denzel Washington and Idris Elba are being sought for) in the baddie corner.