Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions will get together once again to produce a sequel to last year’s “Jack Reacher”, starring Tom Cruise.
Like the first, the upcoming film will be based on Lee Child’s series of novels, this time drawing from the 18th installation “Never Go Back”, reported Deadline.
The novel sees Reacher return to his old military headquarters in Virginia to take a woman, who is now commanding officer, to dinner. However when he arrives his date has been arrested and Reacher is charged with crimes he does not remember committing 16 years earlier.
While the first “Jack Reacher” film was written and directed by Christopher McQuarrie, the studio is on the search for a new writer for the latest film – McQuarrie is busy preparing for the upcoming “MI5” summer production – however, according to Deadline, the studio hopes McQuarrie will direct the sequel.
Released on December 21, 2012, “Jack Reacher” grossed around $218 million worldwide following $57 million in production costs. When your film makes that much money, why not make a sequel? Go figure.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher nabs female lead in CBS pilot - February 28, 2015
- Elisabeth Rohm joins Jennifer Lawrence starer - February 28, 2015
- Bruce Lee’s daughter plans biopic about her father - February 28, 2015
- Robert Townsend will helm the latest Brewster’s Millions adaptation - February 28, 2015
- Why James Franco? - February 28, 2015
- Kristen Stewart is a lawyer in indie drama - February 28, 2015
- Adventure Time coming to the big screen - February 28, 2015
- First pic of Eddie Redmayne as a woman - February 28, 2015
- iZombie poster is as gory as its predecessors - February 28, 2015
- Two Bates Motel videos tease season 3 - February 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.