Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions will get together once again to produce a sequel to last year’s “Jack Reacher”, starring Tom Cruise.
Like the first, the upcoming film will be based on Lee Child’s series of novels, this time drawing from the 18th installation “Never Go Back”, reported Deadline.
The novel sees Reacher return to his old military headquarters in Virginia to take a woman, who is now commanding officer, to dinner. However when he arrives his date has been arrested and Reacher is charged with crimes he does not remember committing 16 years earlier.
While the first “Jack Reacher” film was written and directed by Christopher McQuarrie, the studio is on the search for a new writer for the latest film – McQuarrie is busy preparing for the upcoming “MI5” summer production – however, according to Deadline, the studio hopes McQuarrie will direct the sequel.
Released on December 21, 2012, “Jack Reacher” grossed around $218 million worldwide following $57 million in production costs. When your film makes that much money, why not make a sequel? Go figure.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt takes The Walk on new poster - April 19, 2015
- Elizabeth Perkins follows Cooper to Preacher - April 19, 2015
- Jurassic World Poster 2 - April 19, 2015
- Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk slated for Veterans Day - April 18, 2015
- Penelope “Little Penny” Cruz joins Zoolander 2 - April 18, 2015
- The Limehouse Golum adds Alan Rickman, Olivia Cooke, Douglas Booth - April 18, 2015
- Three new Scream Queens Posters - April 18, 2015
- Trailer: Dope - April 18, 2015
- Gina Rodriguez nabs female lead in Purple Hearts - April 17, 2015
- Russell Brand joins Nicolas Cage’s Army of One - April 17, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.