Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions will get together once again to produce a sequel to last year’s “Jack Reacher”, starring Tom Cruise.
Like the first, the upcoming film will be based on Lee Child’s series of novels, this time drawing from the 18th installation “Never Go Back”, reported Deadline.
The novel sees Reacher return to his old military headquarters in Virginia to take a woman, who is now commanding officer, to dinner. However when he arrives his date has been arrested and Reacher is charged with crimes he does not remember committing 16 years earlier.
While the first “Jack Reacher” film was written and directed by Christopher McQuarrie, the studio is on the search for a new writer for the latest film – McQuarrie is busy preparing for the upcoming “MI5” summer production – however, according to Deadline, the studio hopes McQuarrie will direct the sequel.
Released on December 21, 2012, “Jack Reacher” grossed around $218 million worldwide following $57 million in production costs. When your film makes that much money, why not make a sequel? Go figure.
- Idina Menzel to star in Ellen’s new show? - January 31, 2015
- Nick Cannon directing rom-com Three Little Words - January 31, 2015
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Trailer and New Pics! - January 31, 2015
- Jamie Foxx, Michelle Monaghan to star in Sleepless Night - January 31, 2015
- Jonah Hill, Andrew Mogel, Jarrad Paul to make Vegas Hackers film - January 31, 2015
- Is Focus experiencing A Little Chaos ? - January 30, 2015
- Johnson, Mann, Wilson, Stevens eye How To Be Single - January 30, 2015
- Rachael Taylor is best friend to Jessica Jones - January 30, 2015
- Jay Roach will tame the Mad Dogs - January 29, 2015
- 300: Rise of an Empire helmer to take on heist drama - January 29, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.