Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions will get together once again to produce a sequel to last year’s “Jack Reacher”, starring Tom Cruise.
Like the first, the upcoming film will be based on Lee Child’s series of novels, this time drawing from the 18th installation “Never Go Back”, reported Deadline.
The novel sees Reacher return to his old military headquarters in Virginia to take a woman, who is now commanding officer, to dinner. However when he arrives his date has been arrested and Reacher is charged with crimes he does not remember committing 16 years earlier.
While the first “Jack Reacher” film was written and directed by Christopher McQuarrie, the studio is on the search for a new writer for the latest film – McQuarrie is busy preparing for the upcoming “MI5” summer production – however, according to Deadline, the studio hopes McQuarrie will direct the sequel.
Released on December 21, 2012, “Jack Reacher” grossed around $218 million worldwide following $57 million in production costs. When your film makes that much money, why not make a sequel? Go figure.
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
- Laura Dern’s football movie kicks off - November 5, 2014
- Fassbender may play Steve Jobs - November 5, 2014
- Potter conjures up Now You See Me 2 - November 4, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.