Actor-turned-director Dexter Fletcher is on board to direct the upcoming Freddie Mercury biopic, reports Deadline.
The flick is set to star Ben Whishaw (“Skyfall”) as the Queen front man, replacing Sacha Baron Cohen who was attached to play the part before dropping out.
GK Film’s Graham King will produce while Peter Morgan writes the screenplay.
Sony will have the first opportunity to distribute the film, however Deadline reports that it is intended for the film to be underway next year regardless of the studio’s movements.
The film will follow the development and progression of the iconic rock group, culminating in Queen headlining Live Aid in 1985, laregely considered one of rock’s greatest performances.
Fletcher has apparently been getting a feel for Queen’s story, already meeting with the band.
- Trailer: Ex Machina - March 4, 2015
- Steve Martin joins Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk - March 4, 2015
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher nabs female lead in CBS pilot - February 28, 2015
- Elisabeth Rohm joins Jennifer Lawrence starer - February 28, 2015
- Bruce Lee’s daughter plans biopic about her father - February 28, 2015
- Robert Townsend will helm the latest Brewster’s Millions adaptation - February 28, 2015
- Why James Franco? - February 28, 2015
- Kristen Stewart is a lawyer in indie drama - February 28, 2015
- Adventure Time coming to the big screen - February 28, 2015
- First pic of Eddie Redmayne as a woman - February 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.