Actor-turned-director Dexter Fletcher is on board to direct the upcoming Freddie Mercury biopic, reports Deadline.
The flick is set to star Ben Whishaw (“Skyfall”) as the Queen front man, replacing Sacha Baron Cohen who was attached to play the part before dropping out.
GK Film’s Graham King will produce while Peter Morgan writes the screenplay.
Sony will have the first opportunity to distribute the film, however Deadline reports that it is intended for the film to be underway next year regardless of the studio’s movements.
The film will follow the development and progression of the iconic rock group, culminating in Queen headlining Live Aid in 1985, laregely considered one of rock’s greatest performances.
Fletcher has apparently been getting a feel for Queen’s story, already meeting with the band.
- Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk slated for Veterans Day - April 18, 2015
- Penelope “Little Penny” Cruz joins Zoolander 2 - April 18, 2015
- The Limehouse Golum adds Alan Rickman, Olivia Cooke, Douglas Booth - April 18, 2015
- Three new Scream Queens Posters - April 18, 2015
- Trailer: Dope - April 18, 2015
- Gina Rodriguez nabs female lead in Purple Hearts - April 17, 2015
- Russell Brand joins Nicolas Cage’s Army of One - April 17, 2015
- Sarah Jessica Parker is getting a Divorce - April 17, 2015
- Herizen Guardiola to star in Baz Luhrmann’s Netflix drama The Get Down - April 17, 2015
- Steve Carell to star in doco adaptation Marwencol - April 17, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.