Actor-turned-director Dexter Fletcher is on board to direct the upcoming Freddie Mercury biopic, reports Deadline.
The flick is set to star Ben Whishaw (“Skyfall”) as the Queen front man, replacing Sacha Baron Cohen who was attached to play the part before dropping out.
GK Film’s Graham King will produce while Peter Morgan writes the screenplay.
Sony will have the first opportunity to distribute the film, however Deadline reports that it is intended for the film to be underway next year regardless of the studio’s movements.
The film will follow the development and progression of the iconic rock group, culminating in Queen headlining Live Aid in 1985, laregely considered one of rock’s greatest performances.
Fletcher has apparently been getting a feel for Queen’s story, already meeting with the band.
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
- Laura Dern’s football movie kicks off - November 5, 2014
- Fassbender may play Steve Jobs - November 5, 2014
- Potter conjures up Now You See Me 2 - November 4, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.