Considering the cats scratching in the tray, one suspects Showtime’s “The Vatican” may have been a pretty decent show. Nevertheless, the religious-themed drama, that would’ve brought “Friday Night Lights” star Kyle Chandler back to the small screen, and given Ridley Scott an additional line of underlined text on his IMDB page, has been dropped.
Sounds like the series was pretty much dead from the moment someone scrawled ‘ep.1′ on the tins of film though. The pilot ended up costing Showtime a confession-booth load; the showrunner split over creative differences; the network expected something better…and it goes on.
Hopefully Chandler lands on his feet real soon; I don’t know how he’s getting by doing such low-budget, independent fare like “Argo”, “Wolf of Wall Street” and “Zero Dark Thirty”. He and Todd Bridges would definitely have some stories to share.
Meanwhile, here’s some classic ‘Coach Taylor’ to soothe the pain..
- Lively, Clarke set for Forster’s All I See is You - February 27, 2015
- Sands files Minority Report - February 27, 2015
- Blomkamp’s statement on Alien plans misconstrued - February 27, 2015
- Routh gets Lost, West in the Money - February 26, 2015
- Billy Lynn nabs Alwyn, eyes Hedlund - February 26, 2015
- Spidey could remain Peter Parker after all - February 26, 2015
- Virginia Madsen to experience Joy - February 26, 2015
- Voges, Zombie reunite for 31 - February 26, 2015
- Schwarzenegger back for Terminator 6 - February 26, 2015
- When does the next Star Wars trailer hit? - February 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.