He’s got Chevy Chase’s franchise, now Ed Helms – star of the forthcoming “Vacation” reboot – has his eyes on Leslie Nielsen’s trademark movie role.
The former “Office” star is circling a reboot of ’80s spoof “The Naked Gun : From the Files of Police Squad”; Helms would play a “new spin” on Nielsen’s Lt. Frank Drebin character.
“The Naked Gun”, which also featured O.J Simpson in his most convincing performance to date, was a spin-off of the short lived comedy series “Police Squad!” (1982), which lasted only six episodes. Surprisingly, it didn’t air on FOX. Nor did Joss Whedon have any involvement.
Jim Abrahams, David Zucker and Jerry Zucker, who developed the series as well as the film (and it’s two sequels), won’t be back; instead, writing duties will be handled by “Reno 911″ alumni Thomas Lennon and R. Ben Garant, says Variety.
Shortly before his death Nielsen was being courted to star in a fourth “Naked Gun”, which Paramount was eyeing as a direct-to-video release.
- Captain America : Civil War Character Reveal? - January 26, 2015
- Zachary Quinto talks Heroes Reborn - January 26, 2015
- The Strangers sequel finally going ahead? - January 26, 2015
- Scodelario confirmed for Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - January 26, 2015
- Author offers Waiting for Exhale 2 update - January 26, 2015
- Jetsons animated movie in the works - January 24, 2015
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.