He’s got Chevy Chase’s franchise, now Ed Helms – star of the forthcoming “Vacation” reboot – has his eyes on Leslie Nielsen’s trademark movie role.
The former “Office” star is circling a reboot of ’80s spoof “The Naked Gun : From the Files of Police Squad”; Helms would play a “new spin” on Nielsen’s Lt. Frank Drebin character.
“The Naked Gun”, which also featured O.J Simpson in his most convincing performance to date, was a spin-off of the short lived comedy series “Police Squad!” (1982), which lasted only six episodes. Surprisingly, it didn’t air on FOX. Nor did Joss Whedon have any involvement.
Jim Abrahams, David Zucker and Jerry Zucker, who developed the series as well as the film (and it’s two sequels), won’t be back; instead, writing duties will be handled by “Reno 911″ alumni Thomas Lennon and R. Ben Garant, says Variety.
Shortly before his death Nielsen was being courted to star in a fourth “Naked Gun”, which Paramount was eyeing as a direct-to-video release.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.