Yesterday, the web’s combat boots slushed through the scoop swamps, leaving prints indicating that Aussie Jason Clarke was as good as padlocked into the John Connor role for 2015’s “Terminator”. Suggesting the production is in a rush to lock down the main parts, Deadline‘s just announced “Game of Thrones” fave Emilia Clarke has won the much-hankered-for role of Sarah Connor.
Clarke, who play ‘dragon’ lover Daenerys Targaryen on HBO’s “Thrones”, bet the equally-good Brie Larson (“Short Term 12″) to the role. This was a hotly coveted part, and it came down to the aforesaid lasses. Director Alan Taylor (“Thor : The Dark World”), producer Megan Ellison (of ‘I have the money you need to make this movie’ fame), and co-star Arnold Schwarzenegger likely had the biggest say in which one gets to do pull-ups in a soaking singlet.
Clarke will take on a role made famous by Linda Hamilton in two “Terminator” movies; Lena Headey – Clarke’s “Game of Thrones” co-star – played Connor on the short-lived series “Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles”.
Despite killing her off in the third instalment, a new ‘time travel’ plot device will see the return of Connor in this next chapter, written by Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.