Casey Affleck, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Michael B.Jordan have joined the cast of “Triple Nine”, the John Hillcoat-directed crime drama set to star Cate Blanchett and Christoph Waltz.
The Wrap has the scoop on the new three aboard the movie, noting that Affleck is replacing Charlie Hunnam was originally set to play.
Story follows a group of thieves who plan to kill a young LAPD officer to divert the police away from a daring heist they’re perpetrating across town. The title “Triple Nine” refers to police code indicating that an officer needs immediate assistance.
Affleck will play the targeted officer, while Ejiofor is engaging with an offer to play a career criminal who masterminds the heist. Jordan is in talks to play a street-wise cop in Ejiofor’s gang who partners with Affleck and plans to set him up.
The film, expected to start production next year, has been in development for quite some time – with Shia LaBeouf, of Hillcoat’s “Lawless”, originally attached.
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015