Casey Affleck, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Michael B.Jordan have joined the cast of “Triple Nine”, the John Hillcoat-directed crime drama set to star Cate Blanchett and Christoph Waltz.
The Wrap has the scoop on the new three aboard the movie, noting that Affleck is replacing Charlie Hunnam was originally set to play.
Story follows a group of thieves who plan to kill a young LAPD officer to divert the police away from a daring heist they’re perpetrating across town. The title “Triple Nine” refers to police code indicating that an officer needs immediate assistance.
Affleck will play the targeted officer, while Ejiofor is engaging with an offer to play a career criminal who masterminds the heist. Jordan is in talks to play a street-wise cop in Ejiofor’s gang who partners with Affleck and plans to set him up.
The film, expected to start production next year, has been in development for quite some time – with Shia LaBeouf, of Hillcoat’s “Lawless”, originally attached.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014