The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences have revealed seven contenders for its Makeup and Hairstyling award at next year’s 86th Academy Awards.
Seven will be reduced to three next month, when the Oscar nominees are announced on January 16.
The Makeup and Hairstyling category is one of few with three nominees, so how will the lucky few be chosen?
On January 11, 2014, a ten minute excerpt from each short-listed film will be shown to a panel of voters. Members will then vote to determine the final three nominees.
Last year’s Makeup and Hairstyling award was won by “Les Miserables”’ Lisa Westcott and Julie Dartnell. Mark Coulier and J. Roy Helland took it out the year before for “The Iron Lady”.
Read the full press release below:
7 Features Advance In Race For Makeup And Hairstyling Oscar®
BEVERLY HILLS, CA — The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences today announced that seven films remain in competition in the Makeup and Hairstyling category for the 86th Academy Awards®.
The films are listed below in alphabetical order:
“Dallas Buyers Club”
“The Great Gatsby”
“Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters”
“The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”
“Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa”
“The Lone Ranger”
On Saturday, January 11, 2014, all members of the Academy’s Makeup Artists and Hairstylists Branch will be invited to view 10-minute excerpts from each of the seven shortlisted films. Following the screenings, members will vote to nominate three films for final Oscar consideration.
The 86th Academy Awards nominations will be announced live on Thursday, January 16, 2014, at 5:30 a.m. PT in the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater.
Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2013 will be presented on Oscar Sunday, March 2, 2014, at the Dolby Theatre® at Hollywood & Highland Center® and televised live on the ABC Television Network. The presentation also will be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.
- Matthew McConaughey boards The Billionaire’s Vinegar - March 27, 2015
- Trailer: J.K. Rowling’s The Casual Vacancy - March 27, 2015
- New Avengers: Age of Ultron footage in TV spot - March 27, 2015
- Amy Adams & Jake Gyllenhaal in line for Nocturnal Animals - March 27, 2015
- Drac’s Pack Is Back in new Hotel Transylvania 2 poster - March 27, 2015
- First Look: Jesse Eisenberg as Batman v Superman’s Lex Luthor - March 27, 2015
- Lea Michele & Kate Upton join William H. Macy’s road trip sex comedy - March 26, 2015
- Ben Stiller & Adam Driver in While We’re Young clip - March 26, 2015
- Tom Hardy in Child 44 character posters - March 26, 2015
- Liam Neeson to star in Brian Kirk’s Narco Sub - March 25, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.