My ol’ bud Danny Strong, who you young viewers will remember as Sunnydale’s captain nerd Jonathan, has been on a tootsie-sized roll the past couple of years – not so much as an actor (though you were brilliant in the 5 seconds of screen time you had in “The Butler”, bro), but as a screenwriter.
Near as soon as he’d won the statues for writing those Jay Roach-directed political things for HBO, like “Recount”, Strong was picked and plucked by the deep-pocketed money boys in Hollywood, who have since had him working on everything from “Hunger Games” movies to “The Butler” the third “Da Vinci Code”.
Goes without saying, the boy has happy feet (great, now I hear Kermit the Frog in my head), indeed.
And, it seems Danny likes to swing, too.
Fox has tapped the wordsmith to pen their long-mooted remake of “Guys & Dolls”, which every actor in town (Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Channing Tatum were recently sniffing it out) fancies be in, and every director in town (Baz Luhrmann flirted with it at one stage) raised an interested brow to.
It’s a long ways off – obviously, considering Strong’s just been hired to write it – but I’m sure the thing will attract a good cast and crew, based on the interest that it’s already garnered.
Giles would be proud, Jonathan (heck, we are too Danny; we goes a ways back!).
- Fernandez, Noth, Parker, Benson are Chronically Metropolitan - January 30, 2015
- Huisman, Palmer set for Currie’s 2:22 - January 30, 2015
- Junior’s back! Problem Child headed to NBC - January 30, 2015
- Cowboy Ninja Viking finds directors - January 30, 2015
- Disney : Episodes VII and VIII due 2017, 2019 - January 30, 2015
- Eddie Murphy returning to Saturday Night Live - January 30, 2015
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan books Spielberg series - January 30, 2015
- The Flash : Set pics capture Graye, Hamill - January 30, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Spooks : The Greater Good - January 30, 2015
- A teaser for The 5th Wave crashes down - January 30, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.