… and not only because he’s roped in friend Kevin Smith to play Jimmy Olsen (that’s a joke).
Affleck, a chap who went from doing “Changing Lanes” to ‘I don’t do shit anymore, only award contenders’ in the space of a decade, is using his clout to improve the forthcoming “Batman vs. Superman” movie.
In addition to playing charcoal-toned hero Batman, Affleck’s understandably – well, the dude does have Oscars – got some say in the film’s script. Word is, he’s asked “Argo” screenwriter Chris Terrio to come in and punch up David Goyer’s script for the superhero clash.
Terrio, who goes aways back with “Argo” helmer Affleck, got to work before production began on the movie – suggesting Affleck wanted the film to be the best it could be before he even spoke one word from under the cowl.
As unnecessary and as head-scratching as Zack Snyder’s “Man of Steel” was, it’s led to not only a movie featuring both Batman and Superman, but one that might also see Joaquin Phoenix break his ‘no comic book movies’ rule.
- Scott, Collette set for Dougherty’s Krampus - March 4, 2015
- New directing assignments for Bryan Singer, Joseph Kosinski - March 4, 2015
- David Denman shoots for 13 Hours - March 4, 2015
- Usher for Independence Day 2, Sullivan for new Europacorp actioner - March 4, 2015
- Warner lands a Green Lantern! - March 4, 2015
- Wonder Years‘ Fred Savage returning to TV - March 4, 2015
- First look : Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Snowden - March 4, 2015
- 007 film shut down - March 4, 2015
- Eddie Izzard leads cast of Kohan’s Devil You Know - March 4, 2015
- Leads in Uncle Buck, Rush Hour announced - March 4, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.