Seems the “My Best Friend’s Wedding 2″ ferry might still return to port.
Dermot Mulroney, who co-starred with Julia Roberts and Cameron Diaz in the 1997 hit, says a sequel isn’t out of the question.
The actor, who reunites with Roberts in this month’s “August Osange County”, says Roberts is even championing for it.
“I think everybody wants it,” Mulroney told Variety. “I want it! Julia and I talked about it recently, and she thought it would be an amazing idea.”
Mulroney says the sequel would surely have to fix on Julianne (Roberts) resurfacing and attempting to steal Kimmy’s (Diaz) now long-time hubby, Michael (Mulroney).
“Wouldn’t that be the fun thing to see?” he asked. “I don’t know. You tell me. Whatever it is, as far as I’m concerned, it’s been in development for 16 years.”
The P.J Hogan directed “My Best Friend’s Wedding”, which, aside from giving Mulroney a good start in that long-line of rom coms he did, also offered Rupert Everett a nice comeback, made over $300 million worldwide.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.