HBO have released promos for their January 2014 offerings – all, not unexpectedly, look superb.
“Girls” returns for its third season immediately after the debut of “True Detective” with a special presentation of two episodes back-to-back SUNDAY, JAN. 12 (10:00-11:00 p.m.), on HBO, followed by other half-hour episodes on subsequent Sundays at the same time. Created by and starring Lena Dunham, the Emmy®-winning series is a comic look at the assorted humiliations and rare triumphs of a group of girls in their 20s. Dunham executive produces along with Judd Apatow, Jenni Konner and Ilene S. Landress; Bruce Eric Kaplan is consulting producer. The cast also includes Jemima Kirke, Allison Williams, Zosia Mamet, Adam Driver and Alex Karpovsky.
“Looking” debuts SUNDAY, JAN. 19 (10:30-11:00 p.m.) on HBO. The series revolves around three friends in San Francisco who explore the fun and sometimes overwhelming options available to a new generation of gay men. Created by Michael Lannan and executive produced by Andrew Haigh (“Weekend”) and Sarah Condon (“Bored to Death”), the show stars Jonathan Groff, Frankie J. Alvarez and Murray Bartlett. Special guest stars include Russell Tovey and Scott Bakula.
“True Detective” debuts SUNDAY, JAN. 12 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT) on HBO. The series stars Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson as Louisiana detectives Rust Cohle and Martin Hart, whose lives collide and entwine during a 17-year hunt for a killer, ranging from the original investigation of a bizarre murder in 1995 to the reopening of the case in 2012. Michelle Monaghan also stars as Hart’s wife, Maggie, who struggles to keep her family together as the men in her life become locked in a cycle of violence and obsession. Written by Nic Pizzolatto and directed by Cary Fukunaga, who are executive producers along with Steve Golin and Scott Stephens.
- McConaughey, Theron, Mara voicing Kubo and the Two Strings - December 23, 2014
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014