Tom Cruise’s schedule has seen him bucked from MGM’s “Magnificent Seven” remake.
Cruise first became interested in the studio’s do-over of the 1960’s western early 2012, but his exhaustive ‘to do list’ – which includes “Mission : Impossible 5″, sequels to “Jack Reacher”, “Top Gun” and “Mission : Impossible”, the comedy “El Presidente”, a “Van Helsing” reboot, the car-racing drama “Go Like Hell”, and the Len Grossman spin-off of “Tropic Thunder” – made it impossible for the actor to fit it in at this stage.
The Wrap says Cruise leaves just as John Lee Hancock (“Saving Mr.Banks”) boards the project; the filmmaker is rewriting the Nico Pizzolatto (“True Detective”) script.
The film marks Hancock’s return to the western genre, having previously co-wrote and directed the ill-fated remake of “The Alamo” in 2004.
The original “Magnificent Seven” told of a group of American gunmen, played by Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, James Coburn, Robert Vaughn, Brad Dexter and Horst Buchholz, who band together to protect a small Mexican village from Eli Wallach’s troupe of savage bandits.
- Lively, Clarke set for Forster’s All I See is You - February 27, 2015
- Sands files Minority Report - February 27, 2015
- Blomkamp’s statement on Alien plans misconstrued - February 27, 2015
- Routh gets Lost, West in the Money - February 26, 2015
- Billy Lynn nabs Alwyn, eyes Hedlund - February 26, 2015
- Spidey could remain Peter Parker after all - February 26, 2015
- Virginia Madsen to experience Joy - February 26, 2015
- Voges, Zombie reunite for 31 - February 26, 2015
- Schwarzenegger back for Terminator 6 - February 26, 2015
- When does the next Star Wars trailer hit? - February 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.