The first pic of Benedict Cumberbatch as Alan Turing in “The Imitation Game” has been released.
The pioneer of modern-day computing, Turing is credited with cracking the German Enigma code and the film is a nail-biting race against time by Turing and his brilliant team at Britain’s top-secret code-breaking centre, Bletchley Park, during the darkest days of World War II. Turing, whose contributions and genius significantly shortened the war, saving thousands of lives, was the eventual victim of an unenlightened British Establishment, but his work and legacy live on.
Benedict Cumberbatch (“The Fifth Estate“, “Star Trek Into Darkness“, and TV’s “Sherlock“) and Keira Knightley (BAFTA nominee for “Atonement”, Oscar® nominee for “Pride and Prejudice“) will star as Alan Turing and his close friend and fellow code-breaker Joan Clarke, alongside a top-notch cast, including Matthew Goode (“Stoker”, “A Single Man“), Mark Strong (“Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy“), Rory Kinnear (“Skyfall”), Charles Dance (“Gosford Park“, TV’s “Game of Thrones“), Allen Leech (“In Fear”, TV’s “Downton Abbey“) and Matthew Beard (“An Education“).
Norwegian filmmaker Morten Tyldum, 2012’s BAFTA nominee for “Headhunters“, is directing from a screenplay by Graham Moore, based on the book “Alan Turing: The Enigma” by Andrew Hodges.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015