The first pic of Benedict Cumberbatch as Alan Turing in “The Imitation Game” has been released.
The pioneer of modern-day computing, Turing is credited with cracking the German Enigma code and the film is a nail-biting race against time by Turing and his brilliant team at Britain’s top-secret code-breaking centre, Bletchley Park, during the darkest days of World War II. Turing, whose contributions and genius significantly shortened the war, saving thousands of lives, was the eventual victim of an unenlightened British Establishment, but his work and legacy live on.
Benedict Cumberbatch (“The Fifth Estate“, “Star Trek Into Darkness“, and TV’s “Sherlock“) and Keira Knightley (BAFTA nominee for “Atonement”, Oscar® nominee for “Pride and Prejudice“) will star as Alan Turing and his close friend and fellow code-breaker Joan Clarke, alongside a top-notch cast, including Matthew Goode (“Stoker”, “A Single Man“), Mark Strong (“Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy“), Rory Kinnear (“Skyfall”), Charles Dance (“Gosford Park“, TV’s “Game of Thrones“), Allen Leech (“In Fear”, TV’s “Downton Abbey“) and Matthew Beard (“An Education“).
Norwegian filmmaker Morten Tyldum, 2012’s BAFTA nominee for “Headhunters“, is directing from a screenplay by Graham Moore, based on the book “Alan Turing: The Enigma” by Andrew Hodges.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014