The first pic of Benedict Cumberbatch as Alan Turing in “The Imitation Game” has been released.
The pioneer of modern-day computing, Turing is credited with cracking the German Enigma code and the film is a nail-biting race against time by Turing and his brilliant team at Britain’s top-secret code-breaking centre, Bletchley Park, during the darkest days of World War II. Turing, whose contributions and genius significantly shortened the war, saving thousands of lives, was the eventual victim of an unenlightened British Establishment, but his work and legacy live on.
Benedict Cumberbatch (“The Fifth Estate“, “Star Trek Into Darkness“, and TV’s “Sherlock“) and Keira Knightley (BAFTA nominee for “Atonement”, Oscar® nominee for “Pride and Prejudice“) will star as Alan Turing and his close friend and fellow code-breaker Joan Clarke, alongside a top-notch cast, including Matthew Goode (“Stoker”, “A Single Man“), Mark Strong (“Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy“), Rory Kinnear (“Skyfall”), Charles Dance (“Gosford Park“, TV’s “Game of Thrones“), Allen Leech (“In Fear”, TV’s “Downton Abbey“) and Matthew Beard (“An Education“).
Norwegian filmmaker Morten Tyldum, 2012’s BAFTA nominee for “Headhunters“, is directing from a screenplay by Graham Moore, based on the book “Alan Turing: The Enigma” by Andrew Hodges.
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015