Ethan Hawke plays the ageing action hero, in a race-against-the-clock dash to save his wife, in the fast-moving but dimply plotted Joel Silver (”Lethal Weapon”) production.
Ex-race car driver Brent Magna (Hawke) has been informed that his wife (Rebecca Budig) has been kidnapped. The mysterious voice (the unmistakable lungs of Jon Voight) on the other end of the line warns Brett that he will never see his beloved bride again unless he steals a car from a parking garage and follows instructions.
With time not on his side, Brent then has to drive both fast and furiously – knocking anything and everything down in sight! – to get to his wife before it’s too late.
Great stunts, but the film must’ve been made at the time of a screenwriters strike.
Blu-ray : In addition to a copy of the film on Ultraviolet, there’s a handful of featurettes to wade through.
- Diablo Cody on Barbie writing duties - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Self/Less - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Little Boy - March 4, 2015
- Trailer : Big Game - March 4, 2015
- Redmayne, Vikander in The Danish Girl out November 27 - March 4, 2015
- Trailer : Avengers : Age of Ultron - March 4, 2015
- Scott, Collette set for Dougherty’s Krampus - March 4, 2015
- New directing assignments for Bryan Singer, Joseph Kosinski - March 4, 2015
- David Denman shoots for 13 Hours - March 4, 2015
- Usher for Independence Day 2, Sullivan for new Europacorp actioner - March 4, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.