Luke Grimes, who plays brooding vampire James on HBO’s “True Blood”, has exited the show. TV Line, who revealed the news, suggested the actor’s departure is both due to his commitment to the big-screen adaptation of “50 Shades of Grey” and the “creative direction” of the character; in other words, he wanted off.
The role of James – who made his debut as a potential love interest for vampire Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) last season – will be recast, since he’s a fixture in some meaty storylines coming up.
“He initially joined the show because he wanted to work with [his Forever co-star] Deborah Ann Woll,” an insider tells Michael Ausiello. “But when he started reading the scripts for Season 7, he was disappointed to learn that they were going in a completely different direction with James.”
The seventh and final season of “True Blood” will air on HBO in June.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015