Luke Grimes, who plays brooding vampire James on HBO’s “True Blood”, has exited the show. TV Line, who revealed the news, suggested the actor’s departure is both due to his commitment to the big-screen adaptation of “50 Shades of Grey” and the “creative direction” of the character; in other words, he wanted off.
The role of James – who made his debut as a potential love interest for vampire Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) last season – will be recast, since he’s a fixture in some meaty storylines coming up.
“He initially joined the show because he wanted to work with [his Forever co-star] Deborah Ann Woll,” an insider tells Michael Ausiello. “But when he started reading the scripts for Season 7, he was disappointed to learn that they were going in a completely different direction with James.”
The seventh and final season of “True Blood” will air on HBO in June.
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015