Luke Grimes, who plays brooding vampire James on HBO’s “True Blood”, has exited the show. TV Line, who revealed the news, suggested the actor’s departure is both due to his commitment to the big-screen adaptation of “50 Shades of Grey” and the “creative direction” of the character; in other words, he wanted off.
The role of James – who made his debut as a potential love interest for vampire Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) last season – will be recast, since he’s a fixture in some meaty storylines coming up.
“He initially joined the show because he wanted to work with [his Forever co-star] Deborah Ann Woll,” an insider tells Michael Ausiello. “But when he started reading the scripts for Season 7, he was disappointed to learn that they were going in a completely different direction with James.”
The seventh and final season of “True Blood” will air on HBO in June.
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014