Just as we get to know the ‘Green Arrow’ of TVs ”Smallville” (granted,the show has been off the air for a couple of years now), along comes another show expecting us to invest in their version of the emerald superhero. Thanks to some great writing, and a dramatic tone that share little in common with ”Smallville” (which was more adventure/teen-angst subplot centric), it’s fairly easy to do that – invest in Stephen Amell’s incarnation of Olivier Queen.
As any DC comics reader will know, Oliver Queen is a billionaire playboy (aren’t all these superheroes!?) who was presumed dead after disappearing for 5 years, only to be found on a desert island. When he returns to Starling City, he’s a changed man – he wants to right the wrongs of his past (and the wrongs of his family) but also wants to do a lot more for the people. He starts getting about by night as a masked avenger known as ‘Green Arrow’. Ideally, he won’t be caught out.
DVD : The DVD includes all season 1 extras, a few extras, and the adorable Katie Cassidy (as love interest Laurel Lance), who easily diverts attention in the slower episodes.
- Limitless potential for new CBS pilot - January 29, 2015
- Another Zoolander star returning for sequel - January 29, 2015
- Stephanie scares up more cast! - January 29, 2015
- Kevin Spacey marks his territory with Nine Lives lead - January 29, 2015
- Pitt to go to Africa for Jolie - January 29, 2015
- Battlestar Galactica fave heads to Fargo - January 29, 2015
- Rudolph, Smith doing their bit for Brothers in Arms - January 29, 2015
- Inbetweeners actor joins Now You See Me 2 - January 29, 2015
- Four more join Wet Hot American Summer series - January 29, 2015
- Aykroyd responds to Ghostbusters casting - January 29, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.