Just as we get to know the ‘Green Arrow’ of TVs ”Smallville” (granted,the show has been off the air for a couple of years now), along comes another show expecting us to invest in their version of the emerald superhero. Thanks to some great writing, and a dramatic tone that share little in common with ”Smallville” (which was more adventure/teen-angst subplot centric), it’s fairly easy to do that – invest in Stephen Amell’s incarnation of Olivier Queen.
As any DC comics reader will know, Oliver Queen is a billionaire playboy (aren’t all these superheroes!?) who was presumed dead after disappearing for 5 years, only to be found on a desert island. When he returns to Starling City, he’s a changed man – he wants to right the wrongs of his past (and the wrongs of his family) but also wants to do a lot more for the people. He starts getting about by night as a masked avenger known as ‘Green Arrow’. Ideally, he won’t be caught out.
DVD : The DVD includes all season 1 extras, a few extras, and the adorable Katie Cassidy (as love interest Laurel Lance), who easily diverts attention in the slower episodes.
- Tron 3 ascends into title territory - March 31, 2015
- Superhero Movie Updates : X-Men, Suicide Squad, Deadpool, The Flash, TMNT - March 31, 2015
- NBC bringing The Wiz to Television! - March 31, 2015
- Basu boards Metal Gear Solid - March 31, 2015
- Blunt joins Krasinski in Animal Crackers - March 31, 2015
- Aussie film These Final Hours adapted for Television - March 31, 2015
- Jurassic World director bites into Henry - March 31, 2015
- Rip Hunter is coming to The CW! - March 31, 2015
- Mortal Instruments now a TV show instead - March 31, 2015
- Vacation takes the Holiday Road to new July date - March 31, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.