Just as we get to know the ‘Green Arrow’ of TVs ”Smallville” (granted,the show has been off the air for a couple of years now), along comes another show expecting us to invest in their version of the emerald superhero. Thanks to some great writing, and a dramatic tone that share little in common with ”Smallville” (which was more adventure/teen-angst subplot centric), it’s fairly easy to do that – invest in Stephen Amell’s incarnation of Olivier Queen.
As any DC comics reader will know, Oliver Queen is a billionaire playboy (aren’t all these superheroes!?) who was presumed dead after disappearing for 5 years, only to be found on a desert island. When he returns to Starling City, he’s a changed man – he wants to right the wrongs of his past (and the wrongs of his family) but also wants to do a lot more for the people. He starts getting about by night as a masked avenger known as ‘Green Arrow’. Ideally, he won’t be caught out.
DVD : The DVD includes all season 1 extras, a few extras, and the adorable Katie Cassidy (as love interest Laurel Lance), who easily diverts attention in the slower episodes.
- Lively, Clarke set for Forster’s All I See is You - February 27, 2015
- Sands files Minority Report - February 27, 2015
- Blomkamp’s statement on Alien plans misconstrued - February 27, 2015
- Routh gets Lost, West in the Money - February 26, 2015
- Billy Lynn nabs Alwyn, eyes Hedlund - February 26, 2015
- Spidey could remain Peter Parker after all - February 26, 2015
- Virginia Madsen to experience Joy - February 26, 2015
- Voges, Zombie reunite for 31 - February 26, 2015
- Schwarzenegger back for Terminator 6 - February 26, 2015
- When does the next Star Wars trailer hit? - February 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.